Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-14, 05:04 PM  
cmiyachi

You know - the other day I downloaded the workouts I had purchased because I thought she might get shutdown. There was no way her music could be that good.

I was bummed when reading this thread at first because I really wanted to get her other workouts (but was buying them one by one).

I do hope they are available soon again. Her music was the best!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 04:21 PM  
olala

I just go a new workout Zone 02. I like it a lot.
Much better than Basic series.
I like the music OK, but I am not picky with the music.
It costs 8.99 for 88 minutes.
PS. My only complain: I am sick of seeing her back/ass. Turn your face to me finally!
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-14, 09:53 PM  
clerkin11

I just got the zone 02 workout today too and did part of it. It's split into two parts, so I did the whole first part & some abs from the second. It was a really good workout and I'm sore already (in a good way). This felt tougher than her basic ones. I definitely liked this workout better but I miss the good music.
Now I need to figure out how to insert some cues into the audio for when she changes exercises or switches sides...
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-14, 12:48 PM  
SimplyGlowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
I just got the zone 02 workout today too and did part of it. It's split into two parts, so I did the whole first part & some abs from the second. It was a really good workout and I'm sore already (in a good way). This felt tougher than her basic ones. I definitely liked this workout better but I miss the good music.
Now I need to figure out how to insert some cues into the audio for when she changes exercises or switches sides...
What is the overall focus of this workout? I have her thighs/butt solution and I love it .Does zone 02 produce good lower body burn ?
SimplyGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 07:22 AM  
SuzieC

Hi all,
Yin has posted Zone3 on her streaming site for free. You don't need a subscription to view this one, as far as I understood from her Facebook post.
https://yinthezonefitness.pivotshare...3/8817/feature
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 08:57 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

How are Yin's new workouts?
I am in a Yin kick right now. I had a Yin marathon from the ones with good music. My DS knows every single song he heard from what I did tonight.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 08:14 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
How are Yin's new workouts?
I am in a Yin kick right now. I had a Yin marathon from the ones with good music. My DS knows every single song he heard from what I did tonight.
First off, I'm majorly jealous! I only have a few of the ones with good music and wish I had bought them ALL (what a difference it makes)!

Her new ones are good, but… And I'm especially enjoying the 04 Beach one as it uses no weights or props -- just you -- and the moves are easy enough to follow on an iPad mini. It may be boring for the hard core, but I like that it is focused more on core and precision than fast complicated moves.

That said, the music is horrific! Yin's moves are good, mind you, but what really takes them up a notch or four (for me) is the music. Without, I just can't do them

For most of the newer ones, she has suggested a play list on her Vimeo page (you can then buy the songs and insert them yourself). On the newest one (04) she puts it in the actual video. This is both good and bad. The good -- you pretty much know exactly where to insert it so it takes away the guess work. The bad -- she neglected to give you any playlist for the first 11 and the last 20 minutes which is really frustrating! (eta: if anybody is on her Facebook page, can you ask her about this?)

It says something, though, I suppose, that I like Yin enough that I'm going through the pita process of editing in music so I can keep doing her workouts.

In the best of all worlds (and something I'm hoping for in the future), you'd be able to buy a workout and then each song individually on iTunes or whatnot and they'd automatically be inserted at the proper points. This would allow an individual the choice of whether or not music was important enough to shell out more money (me -- yes!) for a workout and also allow the instructor to put out videos with the music they recorded them to without worrying about copyright. On the plus side, more songs will actually be sold rather than streamed or downloaded for free, meaning more royalties to the artists. A win/win/win situation for all involved, non?
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 07:22 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

in paris,

Thanks for your comments! I think Debbie S. takes time to insert playlists with Yin's songs. I have been asking my son to do that for me and promised to pay him.

I think the only original Yin I don't have is the last treadmill workout where she does a bunch of plank-like work with her feet on the handle bar.
I will treasure the ones I have. In fairness to her, I plan to buy her new ones.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-14, 08:39 PM  
momof10

Lorna - I have all of Yin's downloads with her better music and I treasure them too. That being said, I have downloaded all the ones she has done since the downfall of the music issue, except for her last cardio one. I haven't inserted any of the songs she recommends and I still love her workouts so darn much. The music isn't a huge killer for me. I do love her other music so much better, though. I haven't subscribed to her subscription because she doesn't have much on their yet for the price she is asking. I would rather have her downloads, so I can keep them. I could do one of her workouts every day. Her Ab Solution workout with the better music, just puts a smile on my face. If I am feeling down at all, that's all I have to do is do that workout and I feel better.

Cheryl
Old 06-08-14, 01:27 AM  
in paris

LOL, sorry about the rant about music but I have really become more passionate about it lately… It has always been an issue for me, but now I feel I need that extra motivation more than ever to give my all to a workout

I am also really, really picky about moving on the beat (dance training from decades ago), so I can't be quite so laissez faire about putting in music like Debbie S. (trust me, I wish I could!)… My problem entirely, I assure you.

And I do apologise for calling Yin's music horrific. That is wrong and unfair. Her's are really no worse than most workouts out there -- I meant it comparatively to what it was… Like Cheryl said, it puts a smile on my face and that's what I want from a workout!

As for the new workouts themselves (which is what you were asking about in the first place, mea culpa), I feel they are becoming more refined. And, I think, they will just keep on getting better! If you're already enjoying the Yin that you have, I think you'll have a blast with the new ones too -- let the marathon continue

(Again, apologies for my rant -- I'll never grow up!)
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yin the zone, yin yu