Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-19, 07:44 PM  
cyana

I've continued my daily regimen of YT LWR - 10 minute Ab Cardio and Austin Goh - Burn Belly Fat with a variety of other short work-outs and meditations sprinkled in. This morning I also did LWR - Arm Exercises for Women - Get Rid of Bingo Wings and Tone Your Arms (cringe-worthy name, but a decent quick work-out).

I worked yesterday and today. Not the entire day, but a good part of both days.

Sandra - Peace Day sounds like a great idea to me. Hooray that you're getting over your cold. Hoping for some cooler days here, too.

Beth - I'm jealous that you got to do a ropes class. I don't know anyone close by who offers those but they look like a ton of fun! Also cool that they had a gong. I did a knee pain video yesterday by fabulous50's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLYYCPSH2Zs .

Garrie - Bummer on the car woes. Hopefully they got you squared away after the second visit.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 09:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, the whole studio where the class was held was really cool. If any of you have heard of Wegmans--it's a large grocery store chain founded in Rochester and mainly in the Northeast--the location of the studio was an organic farm they have about 40 minutes from Rochester. There is a loft in the barn that is basically a luxury yoga room since the owner of the company's wife, Stency Wegman is a yoga teacher (she actually has a few DVDs). It was beautiful all-wood, with tons of props (in addition to the rope walls), beautiful skylight windows, and of course the gong.

Sandra, I guess I've just been feeling like I'm doing a lot of quick & dirty workouts of late.

ETA: Here is a link to the yoga studio if anyone wants to check it out:
http://stencywegmanyoga.com/

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 04:25 AM  
Anny

Beth the yoga ropes class sounds amazing!

Garrie sorry about the tough week.

Sandra thanks for the start.

cyana so good that you got your workouts in even with working on the weekend.

Yesterday and today I did Jillian's Beginner Shred workout one. I have to use light weights and modify and I get tired after but at least I'm getting better!
Old 09-17-19, 01:23 PM  
JustSandra

Howdy!

No workout for me yesterday as it is my usual day off (and besides I had a birthday party to attend!).

Today's Workout: Upper Body Strength from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set.

Anny: I think you are making excellent progress!

Cyana: "Bingo Wings"???

Beth: That's a beautiful studio! I love my own little home workout room (and I know I am so fortunate to have such a space), but a girl can dream....

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 04:58 AM  
Anny

Sandra hope you enjoyed the party!

I also did a Jessica Smith strength workout today. I did one from YouTube Total Body Strength if you have lower back issues. I don't but it was listed as one of her beginner workouts so right up my alley.
Old 09-18-19, 06:30 AM  
cyana

A quick post and run - don't even want to know how many hours I'm working at this point.

Still on the LWR 10 Minutes Abs/Austin Goh Belly Fat daily rotation and adding in other things as time allows. This AM I added:

YT - YoQi - Qi Gong for Brain Optimization - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzIpx6-WX4M

followed by:

YT - 10 Minute Chakra Balance Guided Meditation for Positive Energy - Great Meditiation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeGT1VXwfx4

I found this to be a really nice combination - had a serious energy buzz going. Hopefully it will last as I could use it!

Waves to ALL. Sorry to be a social zero - will try to do shout outs soon.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 10:59 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I feel like I've been doing a lot of hit and run posting myself of late - work has been so back-to-back! I think my new boss is really trying to address things, but there is A LOT to address.

Got in some Eoin yoga last night, which felt nice (PY4H2). Tonight hopefully will be longer yoga; I may tackle Erich Schiffmann's Lotus but not sure yet. This Saturday is our last outdoor Mind, Body, & Brew class for the season! And Sunday is a "grand re-opening" at the studio where I work; I'll be participating in a group run class at 10 and doing guided meditation 11:30-noon.

Oh, yesterday at work I got to do a presentation for faculty that I titled "The Power of the Pause: Mindfulness Strategies for the Classroom." That was fun! Next week I will do "The Power of the Pause: Self-Care Strategies for Faculty."

Finally, happy hump day!!! If no one disturbs me while I'm eating lunch, maybe I can come up with a funny.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-18-19, 11:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I think I have posted Gemma Correll before; she does great graphics and promotes mental illness awareness. Here is one for all of us who are over-busy (with some fitness themes!).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-18-19, 01:35 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout today. I was out and about this morning, running lots of errands which took longer than I planned, and I leave soon for my library job. However, I did the next best thing to exercising -- I bought exercise videos! A little voice told me to visit Half Price Books. I couldn't resist reacquiring two Margaret Richard DVDs (Sculpture and All My Best Vols. 1&2), and a Classical Stretch title I didn't recognize (probably a PBS one) featuring two connective tissue/fascia routines. I left behind Margaret's Raising the Bar and a set of beginner CS routines (I have enough of the latter).

Cyana: Sorry to hear you are still so busy with your work.

Beth: Great funny! And, I am sure, very true.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 10:25 PM  
Anny

Sandra some great buys!

Beth your presentation sounds like something I could use in my classrooms.

cyana sorry to hear about all the busyness.

Tonight after work I am planning on doing a walking workout: either a Leslie or a Jessica.