Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-19, 11:01 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Total Max Mixers - Week of September 15

HI all!!!

JB: Yes, RWH Upper Body circuit is more metabolic than a strict weight circuit.

Karen: Someday I'd like to try a ruck... but a light one!

Cher: How are things with you?

Check in: Yesterday was 1 set of Sculpting RX (KCM).

Today was ICE Chiseled Upper Body - left out last 4 plank walkout bear crawls and the half push up hold. Elbow is really killing me post-workout, so I'm back in my wrist brace, which feels amazing.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 11:24 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 60 minutes on the elliptical.

Gibbee
- Thanks for starting us off. Don't you hate these little aches & pains? I've been having pain on the left side of my chest and my arm for the past couple of weeks. I have no idea where the pain comes from, so I've decided to lay off weight training this week to see if it will make a difference.

Hi to Karjoy and Cher. Have a great day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 06:47 AM  
Cher

DH and I went up north for the weekend. This was his last weekend off. He is back to work on Wednesday. Had a fun time with my family and friends up there as usual.

Workouts....ugh! Basically a few walks. Yesterday I went for a walk after I got home from the cabin and unpacked and showered. It started raining and I was quite a bit away from home and got soaked like a drowned rat. Ugh!

Karen - Joseph was a little disappointed not getting the job but he was okay. He has the other interview this Thursday and also on Friday he has a phone interview with Chrysler. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Gibbee - When I do ICE Chiseled Upper Body, I always do the 5 Gone premix.....no bear crawls!

JBliff - Hopefully laying off the weights this week will help you feel better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Went to Orange Theory yesterday and am going again tonight. We rucked an easy 6 miles Saturday morning and it almost felt cool!
It’s all relative but I will take the 70s in the morning over the 80s any day.

Glad you had a good weekend at the cabin Cher. Is your husband ready to go back to work?

Jbliff I think you’re smart to take this week off from weights. I would guess it is likely some kind of muscle strain. So easy to do. Do you have nice walking weather?

Gibbee we tell new Ruckers to start off with just 10#. I now carry 20# and have plans to only move up to 25# but no hurry. The guys often carry about 35-45#. I have no desire to do that except for maybe 1/4 mile. This is such a different activity than we modern people normally do. I agree RWH UB is more Metabolic.

Have a good Monday! Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 12:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Sorry to butt in but I lurk on your check in sometimes.

Karjoy, when you talk about rucking do you mean basically backpacking on trails? I never think of doing this. When we hike I always have a pack but in the summer it's just a small one and in the fall or snowshoeing in the winter I have a bigger pack but most of the space is taken by varying layers of clothes so not a lot of weight. When we take our annual canoe trip our packs are both 30-35# that we carry on all the portages (hubby carries the canoe). I'm curious, what do you put in your pack for weight? Thanks for the info!

Hi, Cheryl!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 02:27 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a hike on our local trail plus a walk in town later in the day.

Cher - Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend for you. Sorry about getting soaked by the rain on your walk.

Karjoy
- The weather Sunday before noon was quite nice--we were in the 70s.

Vantreesta - You're welcome to butt in!

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 09-16-19, 09:22 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vantreesta:Welcome!

JB:Glad you are laying off. Might help you figure out what is causing the pain. I saw someone in the KCM check in on FB say she had something similar (chest pain) and I think it was muscle strain. Can easily happen. I'm so sore in the anterior delts/pecs from the upper body workout. Stiff.

Karen:Someday maybe I'll be in your neck of the woods and you can show me how it's done! Ready for Daytona?

Cher:I will make a note of that!!!!

Check in: Pure Strength Legs - standing only, all rear lunges (no forward), no calf raises, no step-out plie squats (just regular).

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Old 09-17-19, 06:38 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jenny Ford Basic Step and Lower Body both from her YouTube channel. My legs are sore this morning.

Vannie - Nice to see you here! Definitely not butting in! Join us whenever you feel like it!

Karen - No, DH does not want to go back to work. He would love to retire. He goes back to work Wednesday on his night shift then has Jury Duty Thursday morning at 8 am! He will probably fall asleep while waiting to see if they call him for a trial. I have to call Wednesday evening to see if he anything changes. Hopefully they cancel him for it then he can just go to work Thursday at his normal time.

Waves to JBliff and Karen!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 06:48 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE To the Mat mishmosh premix which added abs after each segment. That was a bit of a mistake since I think the plank work in the workout is making my chest worse this morning.

Cher
- Yikes, that's awful to have jury duty at 8 after working at night.

Gibbee
- I need to get a mammogram too but I don't want to do it when my chest is still painful. I always find mammograms incredibly uncomfortable already.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 09-17-19, 09:23 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: I don't blame you. I have one at the end of October and while it's not horrible, it is certainly no fun. Sometimes it really hurts. Is it feeling any better?

Cher: Sore legs are in the air! Both times I have done PS-L standing I have had some serious DOMS - although it's in the glutes. I think the rear lunges w/a bit of a forward lean are making this have a lasting 'effect', especially with the quantity of them replacing all forward lunges.

Check in: Lite pyramid upper body - up. Subbed out scaption raises for the front raises, bench press on the flat (no incline), subbed out standard curls for the incline curls on the ball (which often cause me to have forward rounded shoulders if I don't take time to setup and re-check myself... and that' s poor form).

Waves to Karen, Gwynn, & Vannie!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate