Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-19, 08:08 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I just finished Gina B's Total Body Circuit 2 in its entirely, including bonus 12 Minute Standing Abs Booster, and I loved the whole thing. It was fun, fun, fun and the time flew!

Gina's high energy is contagious and I was feeling great and was smiling throughout. Music in the WU and 2 main workouts (UB and LB Circuits) was energetic but nondescript, but Cool Down and the the 12 Minute Standing Abs had good music.

DVD is divided into Total Body Circuit, UB Circuit and LB Circuit. Each circuit has the same 8 min warmup and 7 min cool down, so each section can be done individually as a stand alone workout. So, if you choose either UB or LB your workout will be about 35m long. Total Body Circuit will be just under 60m long. Oh, and don't skip the bonus 12 Minute Standing Abs! It was that good in my opinion

Each section is further divided into 4-5minute segments alternating between cardio and toning. Choreography in cardio is quite simple and if you've done any of her youtube workouts, you should have no problems following her. In toning section - I don't know what weights Gina used, but for main workouts I used 5lbs and for bonus abs I used 3lbs and it was enough for me.

I've done quite a few of Gina's free youtube workouts but this is the first DVD I've purchased and I'm so glad I did. I had so much fun this morning, that as I'm sitting here typing this - I'm still smiling!
Thank you for the review! Did she go to the floor during the workout? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 09:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Thank you for the review! Did she go to the floor during the workout? TIA
No, not during this whole DVD.
Old 09-18-19, 12:09 PM  
Gams

I did Total Body Circuit 2 this morning and like this one, too. I still don’t care for the set, particularly those flashing lights on the floor and I wish her cueing was a little better and the reps were always even, but none of those were deal breakers for me. The weight segments are short and fast so this isn’t one you’d want to use heavy weights. In the weight segments where she does fast punches to the front, I slowed mine down even just using 5 lb. weights. I don’t think this would be a good stand alone strength training workout, so I’ll probably use it as an add on on my strength training days, which is what I did today.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 03:58 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
No, not during this whole DVD.
Awesome! Thank you!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 09:44 PM  
Fitstick

Is the Circuit 2 workout beginner level as well?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 09:48 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Is the Circuit 2 workout beginner level as well?
It's subjective of course, but I would say it's high beginner or low intermediate because of Gina's energy and fairly fast moves. Fun, though!
Old 09-27-19, 10:42 AM  
alisoncooks

BUMPING - with a quick question:

Do any of Gina Buber's DVDs allow you to choose short segments (like how Leslie has Mile 1 or Mile 2 from the main menu)? Anything like that for someone looking for 10-15 minute segments...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gina buber