Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-19, 12:15 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I'm home! It was a crazy, busy week but so good to see life-long friends along with my mom. I'm recovering life today: laundry, grocery shopping, and Bible study tonight. I wanted to work out but I don't think I have time.

Donna, I'm so sorry you've had so much going on with your mom! I'm glad we can be here to "listen".

Greetings to all!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 04:03 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
FW: Stretch & Strengthen

Today was HIIT on Jessica's calendar so I did Faithful Workouts instead.

Brenda, glad you had a nice time!

Cheri, how is Tucker?

Donna, prayers for you mom's appointment tomorrow!

Carol, Glad to hear Jury Duty is over! I haven't gotten a follow up yet to see if I'm on call.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning ~

Yesterday's workout was

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Core - 30 minutes

and I added on a 30 minute dog walk. I am so glad that Donna pointed me to Pilates Nest - I've never been able to be this consistent with pilates, as much as I know that it's super good for my body. I really feel like I'm getting a little stronger.

Brenda - good to "see" you. It sounds like you had a really good visit!

Christine - I often skip the HIIT works in a calendar, or do one of Jessica Smith's HIIT walks since they aren't too bad.

Donna - I was super surprised that they picked me. I would never put a lawyer on a jury - I think it's asking for a verdict you may not like. Hang in there with your mom - I know it's difficult. Glad you are still making time for yourself - if you are like me, I get really cranky if I don't get my "me" time, which for me, is exercise time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 07:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did Gina B's new Dance that Walk # 2 - I liked it better than her other DVDs. This one has two express workouts on it that are about 30-35 minutes each, so it is much more user friendly. I also just liked the workout, music, etc. better. I will have to try her first Dance that Walk again to see why I didn't fall in love.

Tonight I plan to get Robin's Mind Body workout in. Last night I actually got Day # 3 in.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Carol - I am surprised, too, about Jury Duty. It is difficult, with my mom but I do feel better knowing the apartment is in the works and at least that decision has been made - her health, i feel is a ticking time bomb, but I'll just have to take it as it comes. I need to be there for myself and my family, so I just have to accept that there are limits to what I can do for her at this point. I truly wish that assisted living wasn't so expensive, I would have felt better about that option, but as it stands, what she will pay in rent for her apartment would only cover 2 maybe 3 months of assisted living!! And, other than her mental health issues, she is not so physically disabled that she needs assisted living at this point.

Brenda - welcome back!

Christine - I will sometimes do Jessica's lower impact HIIT routines, usually they are weight circuits. Or, like Carol, I will do one of Jessica Smith's HIIT walks. Gina B on You Tube also has some HIIT walks that I use.

Waves, Cheri, Dee......Dana.....

Donna

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 06:55 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
FW Movement Stretching

I was really dragging today. I didn't sleep well last night, just a few hours. Ugh, it feels terrible to not sleep! Today was an active rest day on Jessica's calendar so I did that FW video. I think I decided to sub a Faithful Workout and reformer workout where Jessica has a cardio day and active rest day since she doesn't really have videos scheduled, then follow her calendar the rest of the week.

Donna, I noticed one of Jessica's "HIIT" workouts was just more like a full body weight workout. I may try it next time.

Carol, I really enjoyed the Nest workouts too. I have a bunch downloaded.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 09-12-19, 08:24 PM  
cherimac

Quick post. I've been doing my Pilates but not posting because I've worked some weird hours. Anyway, my uncle, my dad's only brother, died very unexpectedly today. He has had lung cancer, heart bypasses, etc. and they think he had a heart attack. I found out at work and had to quickly call my dad before he could see something on Facebook. Please pray for our family.

Christine~Tucker is doing much better. He still is slower getting up after sleeping or sitting a long time but no longer limps. I have been making sure he gets good exercise and plenty of water. I noticed that my son and husband weren't being as diligent as they could about making sure he had water all the time and I wondered if that was causing some issues. Anyway, he is going in for his shot tomorrow and we'll ask the doctor about that.
Old 09-13-19, 06:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Thursday's workouts were

Suzanne Bowen Fitness: Cardio Interval Barre Strength - 22 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Full Body Fusion - 10 minutes

The SBF workout was a newer workout from Suzanne; by that I mean it was posted in the last couple of years. I had not ever done it before. It was a thorough little no impact workout - my heart rate got up, and there were some strength portions, mainly on the mat. Filmed in a studio somewhere, Suzanne's fellow instructor Tina doing the advanced modifications. Good music.

Bonnie's puppy class was postponed a week last night, so no report there.

Cheri - glad Tucker is doing better.

Christine - I think it's nice that we can download Smriti's workouts; other than The Balanced Life Online (Robin's site), I'm not aware of any streaming sites that allow that. I download them as well - sometimes my Internet is cranky.

Donna - glad you enjoyed Gina B's new DVD. I have her older ones as well, and haven't done them enough to remember how I felt about them. Of course that didn't stop me from buying her new ones. It's hard to get anything done about mental health issues of others, even those who are our family members. I don't understand that.

Happy Friday!

Carol
Old 09-13-19, 01:56 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Jessica Valant: Weights on the Mat
Jessica Valant: 5 Minute Inner Thighs

I liked both of those workouts!

Carol, I agree! It's nice to not have to worry about the connection. Today my workout kept "buffering" and I'm not sure why since it doesn't happen often!

Cheri, I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) I'm glad to hear Tucker is doing better.

Waves!

Old 09-14-19, 03:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

A quick fly-by - Friday's workouts were

Dog Walk - 35 minutes;
SBF: Biceps/Triceps Target - 7 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Hips & Glutes - Strengthen & Stretch - 30 minutes

I'm enjoying this combination of Suzanne Bowen's workouts and Smirit's.

Happy weekend ~

Carol
Old 09-14-19, 06:52 PM  
furmomof6

Just a walk today!

The weather has been really dreary and rainy, and I think I'm coming down with a virus DH just got over. I just can't get well!! Oh well, I will persevere.

Carol, your workouts do look like nice, balanced combinations!

Waves!