Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-19, 07:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Ellen B - Power Walk from Grokker (it is an audio that I did on my Treadmill, haven't used it for ages!!)

Ellen B - Core Yoga from the 7 Day DVD.

I think it is safe to say I'm on an Ellen kick, although I may end up doing one of the Pilates challenges this week. Time will tell.

Christine - Carrie is on my radar to try, too!

Carol - oh my - yes it is an interesting dynamic. My MIL and SIL had tensions between them b/c my MIL wanted to do more for herself and my SIL didn't think she was able to....I guess we all have our challenges. I'm sorry about jury duty - not fun.

Waves Cheri!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 07:59 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday I did

Dog Walk - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Stretch & Calm - 15 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates Camp Day 7 - Renew & Restore - 18 minutes

I felt nice and stretched out! Today's workout will be with the stretch queen herself, Suzanne Bowen.

Donna - I agree with your DH's thinking - you need to preserve your sanity through this mess. And you are right, I think if you aren't actively suicidal, then they aren't going to force you to do the things that would make you feel and function better, even though you aren't in any position to make those decisions for yourself. I do question the wisdom of that approach, but it's been that way since the 60's and look where it's gotten us. On another note - Ellen's workouts are always uplifting - a good choice!

Christine - I'll share your jury duty misery. I do have to report tomorrow. I was talking to a friend yesterday and she got picked a few years back on a capital murder trial jury and had to miss about a month of work. !!

Hello Cheri - enjoy your Sunday!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 04:50 PM  
cherimac

Rest Day.

Christine, I hope you're toe feels better. Last Friday a bottle of shampoo fell from a ledge in my shower onto the top of my foot. I still have a big bruise!

Donna, those family dynamics are tough.

Carol, I hope you got to enjoy your day off today.
Old 09-09-19, 05:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts - I decided to take a "rest" day:

Barre Amped -
Strengthen & Stretch: Upper Body Stretch - 12 minutes &
Lower Body Stretch - 20 minutes

These were really nice stretches with Suzanne. I've never known why she doesn't use a modifier in her stretch segments, but I don't think she ever has.

Today is jury duty - fingers crossed that no one wants me.

Christine & Cheri - I had a 1 lb dumbbell roll off the dresser earlier this year and land on my bare foot. Other than a pretty good-sized bruise, there was no damage. I was amazed.

Carol
Old 09-09-19, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Quick post - this morning I did the standing portion of Ellen's Slim Sculpt. Tonight, I will add on Robin's Mind Body Day # 1. I *think* this may be new and not a repeat of an older challenge of hers...but we shall see!

I have to leave work early today to pick up the lease for my mom's apartment. I hope all goes smoothly and I can have this move done by mid-October the latest. She doesn't like change, but she really does need to move. her condo is 3rd floor, no elevator and it is too much of a hassle to go in and out. Also, no one is around during the day, at least at the senior complex there is a staffed office and plenty of people around all day (since most are retired). They also have some social activities as well as a bus that goes to stores, etc. 4 days a week.

Anyway, must run, got a surprise project for the day today at work and I have to leave early, too.

Donna
Old 09-09-19, 03:55 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Carrie Pages: Reformer
Jessica Valant: 10 Minute Booty

I got that Jessica workout over email today, I liked it. So, I tried a few of Carrie's shorter reformer workouts. The first one was 20 minutes but I didn't do it all. It moved too fast and wasn't in real time. For example, she would say we were going to use the tall box, and then all of a sudden she was on the tall box with the straps in her hands. I had to keep pausing to set up and catch up. I stopped and tried a 10 minute one to see if it was the same thing and it was. It moves too fast and is mostly too advanced for me. Not to mention, the volume on some of the workouts is non-existent. I really like her personality and you can tell she knows her stuff, but I don't see myself subscribing. I'll try a few more videos over the next 2 weeks, but I'm just not clicking. I can see how instructors would like her workouts though. I think her site is geared more towards instructors than students. Sigh

Donna, how did things go today? Yes, it sounds like she will definitely be much better off in a senior complex.

Carol, did you get picked?? Not funny, I know! OUCH about your foot too, glad you didn't get more seriously injured.

Cheri, I have had that happen in the shower too! It hurts so bad.

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 06:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Oh lucky me! I got picked for jury duty, which is surprising. Usually no one leaves a lawyer on the jury, but maybe the other people looked worse than me? Hard for me to imagine, but there it is. Hopefully we'll be done today - it's a civil case thankfully.

After jury duty, I had BSF (Bible Study Fellowship), so I didn't have a lot of time last night once I finally got home at 8:45. I did manage to do

Pilates Nest - Power Circle Playdate - 30 minutes

but nothing else. This isn't a bad circle workout. I've tried to do some from other instructors (PBL's Lisa, I'm thinking of you) that I just found impossible to even get past about the first 5 minutes, but this one was not that way. Yes, the circle was still awkward and somewhat uncomfortable, but it wasn't 30 minutes of misery.

Christine - bummer about Carrie's site. I don't like videos that are not "follow along" videos; I mean what's the point?

Donna - hope you got the apartment situation nailed down for your mom. That does sound like a better alternative than her current one.

Cheri - I'm betting you enjoyed Smriti's magic circle workout - I know you are a fan.

Carol
Old 09-10-19, 01:09 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Carrie Pages: 10 Minute Mat
Jessica Valant: Pilates for Arms & Upper Back (13 min)

I like Carrie's mat workouts, but they're still advanced. I joined Jessica's site, and not because she has a closed enrollment! I wanted to see what she had to offer and I'm so glad I did! I like what I see and I love the calendar. I plan to follow that for September, subbing in Faithful Workouts here and there.

Carol, I'm very surprised they picked you. I used to get out of it because of being a Paralegal. Glad it should be quick! Sounds like a nice night, and I'm glad you survived the magic circle workout.

Donna, thinking of you!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 05:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning! I did

Dog Walk - 40 minutes;
Suzanne Bowen - Flat Belly Barre: Classic Barre - 30 minutes

I enjoyed Suzanne's workout - I am leaning towards resubscribing to her streaming site, especially since she's starting to post new workouts.

Jury duty is completed. We finished a little before five last night. It was a weird dog bite case. Back to the real world of work this morning. Sure glad I went in last Saturday and finished up my payroll for Friday.

Christine - I've done Jessica's streaming in the past. I like her - she's very pleasant.

Donna & Cheri - hope all is well with you.

Carol
Old 09-11-19, 08:11 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

I'm sorry I have been MIA. Life has been crazy at home and at work.

Yesterday I ended up doing both of Robin's challenge workouts. I miss her. If she offers a special price on her membership following the challenge I *may* sign up for a month or two. It is so pricey, though. I also did a Pahla B workout - cardio for knee strengthening or something of that nature. I did the cardio portion, but skipped the knee exercises, just due to time. they are probably things I should be doing, though!

This morning I did Pahla B's weight workout for over 50 - it was a straightforward weight routine w/ a few cardio bursts in between. I enjoy listening to Pahla's talks - which is good b/c she talks a lot!!!

Carol - I am surprised you were picked!!! But, at least it is over.

Christine - I like Jessica's workouts, too, and the calendar. it seems to be a good way to get everything you need into your week in a time efficient and painless manner!

Waves, Cheri.

Oh things are on track for the new apartment. Getting a moving estimate on Friday and I'm just so ready to get it over and done with. Then, on to the next thing. I still feel that my mom is a ticking time bomb health wise, but, at this point, there is not much I can do other than assist as I am able. She has a dr's appointment tomorrow that I'm going to take her to and I want to talk to him about anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds. She needs them even if she thinks she doesn't.

Waves,

Donna