Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-19, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wow, you all have been busy over here! Workouts have been:

Sunday - KCM - Build & Burn: Trim & Tone Intervals - 30 minutes

Monday - Dog Walk - 40 minutes (Bonnie in a stroller);
Dog Walk - 20 minutes (Bonnie on the ground);
Pilates Nest - Power Circle Playdate - 30 minutes

Just a fly-by, as I need to hop in the shower, after I get the dog out to do her business. Bonnie is doing well ~ you'd never know she had surgery, except for the shaved hair. She's not acting like she knows she had surgery.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 06:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

A quick post for me, too.

Monday:

Up to the Beat Fitness - Walk and Tone - wanted to try this one. I really like Gina and her workouts, they are fun and she is fun.

Jessica Valent - Pilates Camp Day # 2 -Arms an Abs

Tuesday (so far):

Jessica Valent - Pilates Camp Day # 3 - Pilates-Barre-Yoga Fusion. This was ok, I didn't love it. But I could have just been sleep deprived.

First day of school and must get my mom home from rehab today.

I hope to get Fit in 10 and a short workout in this evening. Wish me luck!!

Christine - Jessica does some weight training/circuit type workouts, more traditional stuff and workouts like today's barre.

I also got the 10 min workout from signing up for Carrie's newsletter.

Waves, everyone - I'm so tired from getting up earlier today and not sleeping well last night. It is going to be a LOONNGGG day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 11:23 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Just a walk today so far. I may do something else later, but not Jessica's workout. I wasn't interested in the barre-yoga.

Donna, I'm thinking of you today. I hope things go smoothly for you!

Cheri, thanks! I think I'll try Carrie's free trial.

Carol, glad to hear Bonnie is doing well! So cute she goes in a stroller!!

Waves, Brenda and everyone.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 02:46 PM  
cherimac

Hi! Today was Pilates Nest Joint Gentle Classical Pilates. The rest of the week I have early shifts like a normal person, haha, so I will probably be doing the 15-minute challenge workouts Smriti has on the calendar for the Tribe.

Tom's appointment went well. The Doctor adjusted some medication a bit and we don't have to go back until January. It's a continual wait and observe at this point.

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day.
Old 09-04-19, 05:36 AM  
donnamp

i Everyone,

This morning I did my Fit in 10 workouts. I never got a chance to get one in yesterday (long story) so I doubled up today.

Fit in 10 Warm-up, lower body/abs (I forget the name of the workout!! - but it was body weight lower body and ab work on the floor - circuit style), fat blasting workout (also forgot the title, but it was 3 body weight toning exercises followed by a 15 sec cardio blast), cool down.

These do work pretty well for what I need right now.

This evening I hope to get Jessica V's workout in plus some walking. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday was a tough day - and it wasn't for the reasons I expected. My mother was actually pretty good - only a few instances where she drove me nuts - the big problem was the rehab and the prescriptions she was supposed to get when she left. It is a long story and I don't have the time or strength to type it all out - but suffice it to say it was bad enough that I'm calling the state and county today to complain about the facility and how it was handled. It became comic at one point when I said I would just go to the dr's office myself to pick up the prescriptions and they sent me to, I kid you not, a pediatric office.....OMG.

Anyway still have a long way to go to getting my mother squared away, but I hope that things can run smoothly soon.

Cheri - I'm glad that Tom's appointment went well.

Take care,

Donna
Old 09-04-19, 05:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were:

Dog Walk - 25 minutes (with Bonnie on the ground);
Pilates Nest - PNMC - Day 2: Abs - 10 minutes;
KCM - Plateau Buster - Stretch - 10 minutes.

Donna - So sorry your day yesterday was a nightmare! Why can't things just go smoothly for once?!

Cheri - Early shifts like a normal person! LOL. The flexibility in Smriti's calendar is one thing that I really like. Glad your hubby's appointment went well.

Christine - Bonnie is cute in her stroller! She doesn't like it very much though - she wants to be on the ground and going. We bought the stroller when one of her predecessors had congestive heart failure. It's come in really handy, although I felt a little silly at first with it.

Brenda - Hello!

Carol
Old 09-04-19, 02:25 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
FW 20 Minute Stretch & Strengthen
Jessica Valant: Day 4 - Hip Opening & Abs (10 min)

That was a nice combo. I enjoyed all the stretching! Does Jessica operate like Robin with open enrollments? I noticed her website says enrollment to her unlimited workouts ends on 9/15.

Donna, I can only imagine your experience. That kind of unbelievable incompetence is rampant at those places in NY. I hope everything is settled for your mom today. I'm glad to hear she did well!

Cheri, I'm so glad to hear Tom's visit went well!

Carol, the things we do for our fur-babies!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 07:54 PM  
cherimac

I slept funny on my back and hand last night. The cat came in the room and I woke up with her sleeping in the middle of my back. So, I did some light stretching and Smriti's foot exercises and that was it. I did get about 11,000 steps at work today.

Carol-I'm sure I would adapt to going back to an early work routine, haha. Right now I'm used to staying up later and sleeping in a bit because I work a lot of 11-7 shifts.
Old 09-05-19, 05:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were:

Dog Walk - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Joint Gentle Classic Pilates - 30 minutes

I like this gentler pilates workout by Smriti a lot! It's still tough though.

Cheri - 11-7 shifts would make me want to stay up later and get up later too. Do you get off the hook for cooking? That might make it worth it to me.

Christine - We do lots for our fur babies. One time when Sophie was in the stroller, I had lady come over to the stroller thinking that there was a baby in it. Boy was she disappointed to find a small terrier. I think she thought I was crazy.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 09-05-19, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage to squeeze in a walk at work but that was it. I had to help my mom sort her prescriptions....I feel that she is a ticking time bomb health wise. I'm trying to just take it a day at a time and not get too worried about the future.

This morning I did one of the Fit in 10 Workouts (Tone and Hold) plus warm-up and cool down. This evening I would love to get a walk in and Pilates, too.

Christine - yes, my mom was in 2 rehabs and I wasn't happy with either one. the hospital was't great either.... Jessica V. never had a closed membership like Robin, I don't know why she is going that route. I think it somehow works to create an artificial demand for the product as if feeds the fear of missing out. I personally don't like that....it feels wrong to me somehow...

Cheri - I would love to work a 10-6 or 11-7 schedule. I don't mind getting up early, but I like to take my time in the morning and ease into my day. Maybe once my DD goes off to college I can see if I can arrange something like that, somewhere! It also makes for better commuting around here.

Carol - how cute about the stroller!!! Good job on the workouts.

Waves Brenda, Dee, Dana....

I'm not sure if I will follow Robin's challenge next or if I will do Beth's (Trifecta). I'm leaning towards Beth even though they are longer workouts. I have done Robin's before....

Hope everyone has a good day, Happy Friday Eve!

Donna