Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-03-19, 07:17 PM  
lynnf

Laying off the kettlebells due to knee issues so I did Jessica 15 minute strong knees and then her 12 minute upper body. I think she goes too fast with her dumbbells so I went slower. Now off to tai chi, which will surely be slow!

Cheryl, sounds like a lot of work getting the house ready for sale. Are you stressed? Did you decide where you are moving?

Diana, do they know what to expect from the storm? What do you have to do to prepare? Thinking of you, but I suspect you and your DH are totally on top of things.

Cynthia, hope the feet are better now and ready for stilettos!

cheryl 2, right, be kind to yourself!!! Your core will get stronger, just give it time.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 08:08 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Tytbody Keep at it, you will strengthen your core.

Seabliss Good luck with the home projects.

Lynn They said 5-15 inches of rain and 110 mph wind. Of course that can change in time. Right now the air feels very tropical; it's hot and very humid. We don't have any of the hurricane stuff yet, only tropical air. We normally stay prepared. I did buy some extra stuff in case it gets bad and the stores are closed for a period of time.

Check-In: 50 minute outdoor walk whew, it was really humid

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 11:11 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, my feet will never be ready for stilettos. I don't own any kind of heels. Flats, sandals, and sneakers for me. My feet are much better today, thanks.

It wasn't hot outside today, but I wasn't ready for a walk yet. The house felt too hot to exercise. So, nothing to report today except this was the first day of the Livestrong pushups challenge: 5 pushups LOL. But 2 more every day for a month, except for a few rest days. I'm still very good at planks due to the Livestrong Abs challenge of a while back, in which we worked up to holding a plank for 2 minutes.

Pure Barre class at the studio tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 08:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Right now, outside it is darker than when I got up this morning.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-04-19, 06:22 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Jessica's 1-Mile Belly, Buns, and Thighs Walk and Fitness Blender's At Home Butt and Thigh Workout. Pretty much finished the baseboards, but I'll have some touch-ups. Next, I'm going to try patching two small holes in the drywall. This is the kind of thing I did as a teenager when I was helping my dad build our home and with other projects, so I'm not completely unfamiliar.

DD's school is cancelled tomorrow due to the hurricane. I made sure DH's and my cars have full tanks and that we have extra water and some food. We also have batteries and flashlights that I prepared for the last hurricane. Even peanut butter and jelly works if the power is out. Not too worried, except if a tree falls on the house. We're high enough that we should not experience flooding. Thinking of Diana as Charleston is right in Dorian's path. We're just under a tropical storm warning or watch or whatever right now.

Cynthia, glad your feet are feeling better! I like comfort in footwear and always have, but sometimes I add some height with a bit of a platform. I hate it when I buy shoes that look like they would be comfortable and then they are not. Waste of money!

Lynn, I'm not too stressed. Just working steadily on things. DH's last day is the fifteenth. I'm trusting that things will work out as far as selling our house goes. We haven't made a decision yet, but I have a definite leaning right now. Also, I know what my new album project is going to be (after I release the songs I've already basically completed), and it's going to be my most ambitious work yet. Excited about it and already starting to prepare. This one has a literary connection, so I'm getting my research in!

Cheryl 2, you will definitely get your core strength back over time. I like strengthening the way Cynthia is doing her pushup challenge--a little more every day. I've done some of those types of challenges and they really make a difference.

Linda, I hope you're doing well! Waving to Tracy and Carla.

Cheryl
Old 09-04-19, 07:34 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

We have been getting some rain and wind but nothing too bad, yet. DH has left to go to the shop. He will keep an eye on things there through the night. The wind is suppose to really start picking up in the early morning so he wanted to go there tonight and not be out when it gets bad.

Check-In: 2 Miles w/Leslie and then me and another church member who lives around the corner walked around the block 4 or 5 times. I've got my 10,000 steps in. That's good for not going anywhere today.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-04-19, 11:21 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Feet almost back to normal. Did a studio Pure Barre class today. Will see if I feel like going again tomorrow. I have various commitments Friday, Saturday, and Monday so I won't be going to classes on those days.

7 pusuips today, in addition to the many I did in the Pure Barre warmup.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 10:07 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

We still have power.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-05-19, 12:46 PM  
lynnf

Jessica strong knees and 10 minute upper body cycle. I actually liked the arms, and I'm not keen on weight training.

Diana, keeping you in thought. Hoping your power holds up. Let us know how things go if you can.

Cheryl, also hoping no bad effects for you with the storm. Sounds like you are very calm and centered with your plans. So excited for your new album project. It sounds very interesting, I want to know more!

Cynthia, I don't really get why anyone would wear those kind of shoes. Glad the feet are better and that you are feeling recovered from the opera exertions.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 01:44 PM  
Diana3271

We still have power, phone, internet and cable. I contribute this to the power company trimming trees from all the above ground lines. It looks awful how they cut the trees but we do appreciate these amenities.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana