Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-19, 04:04 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Joan, I bet you’ll find a lot more time to work out once you retire. When I was working, I hardly did any exercise. Between my work hours and commute time, I had a long day. I retired last October and have worked out almost every day since between an hour or two each day. Retirement is great!
That sounds really encouraging--thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
It was the ramp! I still have mine, and all of the Gin workouts and the Leslie workouts. A vf here also taught a class using the ramp, cool!
If my knee ever gets healed I would love to use them again.
I still have my ramp and my Gin and Leslie DVDs. Gams, wasn't that you who taught ramp?

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 04:32 PM  
donnamp

I got rid of my ramp, and I regret it! Many of Gin's ramp workouts are on You Tube now. I bet I could do them without or with a regular step....

I also LOVED getting the Collage catalog and, didn't Cathe put out a catalog?

It was so much fun to read through those. I know the info is all on-line and I could watch clips, but it was nice to get a hard copy in the mail to look over.

I think I kept a few...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 06:13 PM  
Sara1000

I had forgotten the Collage catalog - I really enjoyed it also.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 06:31 PM  
Gams

Yes, I used to teach ramping and would like to again sometime if my hip ever gets better.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 06:31 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I remember EVERY bandwagon, or near enough anyway. And receiving the Collage catalogs. Oh the memories of that pure excitement!
I'm a lot older now <sigh>, have given away tons of DVDs, and pay little to no attention to the latest and greatests. How boring of me!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 08:02 PM  
upperwside

I miss the Collage catalog!! I still have the last one and peak at it from time to time.

I used to buy almost everything, especially Beachbody offerings, but most of them were not a bit for me. I find them so cheesy, but keep buying!!

I now buy everything Linda Wooldridge has and Hamelin.. Cathe and Kelly. They seem to be magic for my brain and body. .. Tho I'm mostly doing LEKfit and Linda right now.

I love pre sales as I get so excited knowing something new is coming, I still stalk Totalfitnessdvds to see if something new is coming. Miss the days of DVDs!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 08:25 PM  
rhbrand

I too miss the Collage cat. It was so fun to get it.

And the old Firm cat. I remember getting one when I was broke in nursing school and couldn't afford jack squat and I wanted Firm stuff SOOO bad.

And getting on so many bandwagons lol. Some I liked, some I didn't, but it was fun to try them all.
Old 06-22-19, 09:32 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I remember EVERY bandwagon, or near enough anyway. And receiving the Collage catalogs. Oh the memories of that pure excitement!
I'm a lot older now <sigh>, have given away tons of DVDs, and pay little to no attention to the latest and greatests. How boring of me!
Same here. The newer stuff that's talked about here I don't pay any attention. Kind of like with recent pop music. But I recently discovered a bunch of FIRM workouts on VHS in a box in my closet and am enjoying them as if they were new!
Old 06-22-19, 09:52 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I thought my vote was for missing my collage video catalog also.

Like looking in the BIG sears catalog at Christmas.

I liked flipping through the paper, then going online to see the clip. I could save it. Like in a list and add to or take off my list.

I don’t like not seeing the new stuff in one place at one time.

This place will have to change its name from video fitness to Fitness downloads and subscriptions

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-19, 09:56 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I thought my vote was for missing my collage video catalog also.

Like looking in the BIG sears catalog at Christmas.

I liked flipping through the paper, then going online to see the clip. I could save it. Like in a list and add to or take off my list.

I don’t like not seeing the new stuff in one place at one time.

This place will have to change its name from video fitness to Fitness downloads and subscriptions
I know how you feel. Still, I guess it's all still video, technically.

Tags
bandwagon, collage catalog, nostalgia, vf activity, vintage workouts