Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-19, 08:49 AM  
Lannette

Let’s Talk Cathe’s High Step Workouts

Admittedly this may be a very short conversation since there are only four DVDs and one of them is a compilation. I got such great feedback and motivating ideas from the people who posted on my “Cathe Step” thread I thought I’d ask about these as well.

Do you use them? If not, why not? If you do which is your favorite? How do the High Step workouts fit into your workout plans? What purpose do they serve for you and what benefits do they provide?

I did a tag search and it looked like the last tagged discussion was from 2011. It made me curious to find out if and how people are using these.

Personally I have all three but not the compilation. I haven’t done them for years because of an SI joint/hip issue that’s now resolved.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 10:47 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Admittedly this may be a very short conversation since there are only four DVDs and one of them is a compilation. I got such great feedback and motivating ideas from the people who posted on my “Cathe Step” thread I thought I’d ask about these as well.

Do you use them? If not, why not? If you do which is your favorite? How do the High Step workouts fit into your workout plans? What purpose do they serve for you and what benefits do they provide?

I did a tag search and it looked like the last tagged discussion was from 2011. It made me curious to find out if and how people are using these.

Personally I have all three but not the compilation. I haven’t done them for years because of an SI joint/hip issue that’s now resolved.
Thank you for posting this! I no longer have any of her high step workouts because I got rid of my high step years ago due to moving and now I want one again! I hope for some responses because I cannot remember much about her high step workouts but they're in the back of my mind too and I'm curious.

Also, some of her workouts use the high step but aren't high-step-focused workouts (like the original Bootcamp, Legs and Glutes, Lower Body Blast just to name a few) and I know there are more like this, if you're considering workouts like that too.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 12:03 PM  
Hazel Porter

I love her high step workouts and wish she'd make some more (there are two in her Cathe Live library as well, but that's only 2 out of nearly 250)! They are great circuit training workouts and have a minimum of dread factor for me -- I guess because the aerobic intervals are relatively short? I just find them a lot of fun. I haven't done one in a while since I had foot surgery in early 2018, but I'm thinking it might be time to take out the beginner/intermediate one and give it a go on one of my circuit training days later this week. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 05-28-19, 12:15 PM  
marki64

I have both of her high step dvds from years past. HS Training Adv. & High Step Challenge. I still enjoy those. HSA has a lot of step ups for lower body, but still a good one. Love the weight work in HSC. No boredom in this one.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 12:22 PM  
lavna

I just ordered High step challenge as part of my preorder for Step boss! It looks like a great circuit workout!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 06:02 PM  
cecififi

I have enjoyed Cathe's high step workouts (i don't use a high step - just a regular step but go heavier with weights) and find them very challenging.I just might pull one out this week. thanks for the reminder.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-19, 06:12 PM  
Lannette

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts everyone. I really need to break these out and give them a try. Please do keep posting your thoughts I really enjoy reading them.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-19, 09:53 PM  
OSusanna

I have high step circuit and have liked it although I haven’t done it in awhile. There’s a move where you step on the box with one leg and kick with the other once you’re up there and it’s a challenging and unique move. I remember it because it was so balance focused and functional fitness forward to me. If I remember correctly, this is the least advanced of the high step workouts.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 05:57 AM  
ChelePA

I don’t have high step circuit. But I have her other ones. I love the mix of cardio plus strength. I think both are awesome workouts!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 05:46 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I have high step circuit and have liked it although I haven’t done it in awhile. There’s a move where you step on the box with one leg and kick with the other once you’re up there and it’s a challenging and unique move. I remember it because it was so balance focused and functional fitness forward to me. If I remember correctly, this is the least advanced of the high step workouts.
Yes, it is. I had this years ago and unloaded but reacquired fairly recently and I like it and appreciate the workout more. My high step is one of my best fitness purchases of all time because of the ability to change the height of it. I have decreased the height over the years because I don't care to use a really tall step anymore and you can get a good workout with this on a 8 or 10 inch height. And there are some unique moves and ways to work the legs without weight at all.

It's a good one. I had High Step Challenge many years ago and it was too advanced for me, I suspect High Step Advanced would be even more so. I don't mind a set of leg press here and there but that would be overkill for me these days.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe high step, high step