Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-19, 03:46 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Sherry, I just bought "3 Mile Weight Loss Walk" at HPB this morning. Below this title it says A Power Walk at Home. Is this the one? I also picked up "5 Mile Advanced Walk". They weren't on clearance like the other 2 I got, but they were still cheap.
Yes that's it, one of my alltime favorites. Mary Kay will put you through your paces!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 10:25 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Who has The Miracle Miles set? I just previewed 1 Miracle Mile on youtube and I really liked what I saw. Clean set, good energy and Leslie wasn't overly exuberant. Worth getting this set?
I got it recently on Amazon for about $23.00 including Prime shipping. Yes, worth it. And I like the squishy band too as it doesn't squeeze my fingers like a usual workout band does.
Old 05-23-19, 10:29 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Sherry, I just bought "3 Mile Weight Loss Walk" at HPB this morning. Below this title it says A Power Walk at Home. Is this the one?...
Yes that is the one. It's really good. I had to buy a second one as I wore my first one out. I found it on YouTube before but I like to have the DVD.
Old 05-23-19, 03:23 PM  
kat999

Question about the Miracle Miles set, since I also saw it on Amazon for pretty cheap: are the DVDs really set up like:

- Disc 1: 1 mile
- Disc 2: 2 miles
- Disc 3: 3 miles
- Disc 4: 4 miles

And that's it? So there is no way to string things together on the same DVD? I kind of like one of the walks that they have a preview of on YouTube and had been debating getting this set, but the wastefulness of having some full DVDs with only a 15-minute workout on them seems kind of bizarre, and I would probably not even use the 1- and 2-mile walks very much or at all. And does it only go up to 4 miles?

I do like the look of that band, though.
Old 05-23-19, 04:10 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Question about the Miracle Miles set, since I also saw it on Amazon for pretty cheap: are the DVDs really set up like:

And that's it? So there is no way to string things together on the same DVD? I kind of like one of the walks that they have a preview of on YouTube and had been debating getting this set, but the wastefulness of having some full DVDs with only a 15-minute workout on them seems kind of bizarre, and I would probably not even use the 1- and 2-mile walks very much or at all. And does it only go up to 4 miles?

Love the band!
Walmart was selling it for $20 back when the set first came out

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-19, 05:23 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Kat, I ordered this set on eBay for $20 and free shipping. It's brand new, sealed and appears to be legit. I got it within 3 days of ordering.

My set has 5 disks and a band. I just got home and haven't had the time to preview, but this is what's listed on each disk:

DVD1 - total 35m
Mile 1: Fast Walking,
UB Strength
LB Strength
Full Body Strength.

DVD2
Belly Slimming 2 Mile - 30m

DVD3 - 3 Mile Walk - total 45m
Mile 1: Belly Slimming
Mile 2: Thigh Slimming
Mile 3: Fast Walking

DVD4 - 4 Mile Walk - total 60m
Mile 1: Fast Walking
Mile 2: Belly Slimming
Mile 3: Thigh Slimming
Mile 4: Arm Sculpting

DVD5 - 5 Mile Walk - 75min
Mile 1: The Walk Concert
Mile 2:Belly Slimming
Mile 5: Fast Walking

This is strictly what's printed on the box. I'm looking forward to trying it.
Old 05-24-19, 10:54 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post

It goes up to 5 miles, and that is on it's own DVD. Each has it's own DVD. The 1 mile walk is really slow. I don't see myself ever using it. The others are fine, but unless you make copies/files and string them together you have to put in that other DVD. But the 4 mile is on it's own DVD so you do get 4 miles on one. Or 5 miles, or 3, or 2.
HTH

Also, I almost forgot, I was not able to back these up. They are copy protected. So I would not be able to string anything together. I have not been able to back up any LS DVDs.

Last edited by anjabear; 05-24-19 at 10:57 AM. Reason: adding something
anjabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-19, 01:03 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjabear View Post
Also, I almost forgot, I was not able to back these up. They are copy protected. So I would not be able to string anything together. I have not been able to back up any LS DVDs.

I had no trouble ripping the files but cannot remember whether I used handbrake or Freemake.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 06:48 AM  
anjabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I had no trouble ripping the files but cannot remember whether I used handbrake or Freemake.

Barb S
I used Wondershare and they didn't work with that. Handbrake or freemake... may have to look into these
Old 05-25-19, 08:57 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Kat, I ordered this set on eBay for $20 and free shipping. It's brand new, sealed and appears to be legit. I got it within 3 days of ordering.

My set has 5 disks and a band. I just got home and haven't had the time to preview, but this is what's listed on each disk:

DVD1 - total 35m
Mile 1: Fast Walking,
UB Strength
LB Strength
Full Body Strength.

DVD2
Belly Slimming 2 Mile - 30m

DVD3 - 3 Mile Walk - total 45m
Mile 1: Belly Slimming
Mile 2: Thigh Slimming
Mile 3: Fast Walking

DVD4 - 4 Mile Walk - total 60m
Mile 1: Fast Walking
Mile 2: Belly Slimming

DVD5 - 5 Mile Walk - 75min
Mile 1: The Walk Concert
Mile 2:Belly Slimming
Mile 5: Fast Walking

This is strictly what's printed on the box. I'm looking forward to trying it.
Thanks for that breakdown! That sounds a little better, although it does also sound like the 1 mile is too slow for where I currently am fitness-wise, although who knows what life circumstances may bring. The price point is good, and I like the idea of mixing in some toning. Sounds like Jessica Smith's 6-Mile DVD with the strength segments (which I love).

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone