Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-19, 11:47 AM  
sherry7899

FitBit Versa or Amazon's own version?

I am debating on getting a Fitbit Versa, but noticed that Amazon offers their own version for considerably cheaper.

I am not totally sure yet if I am going to buy either. I worry about getting too numbers obsessed.

I would love any input on the Fitbit Versa and Amazon's version (I will try to post a link later). I am tech challenged and need something simple to use. I mainly want to track calories burned, stair flights (but if it doesn't track those I'll live with it), heart rate and sleep.

I am wondering if anyone had trouble with either one, or if they were easy to use, and if they hold a charge well.

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:25 PM  
DCW

I have a Fitbit Blaze. I don't wear it at night. I have been quite happy with it. I mainly use it to track steps and minutes of exercising and hourly walking around.

It holds a charge well and I have no desire for an upgrade.

Let's not talk about trying and losing pedometers. Good grief remember those gadgets?
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 06:57 PM  
Lannette

Hi Sherry,
I wasn’t aware that amazon made their own fitness trackers. Do you by chance mean the Amazfit Bip? If so I believe that’s a Chinese company with a presence in California. They had some excellent reviews on their products late last year but beyond that I’m not sure.

Right before I retired one of our patients and our EP had Fitbit Blazes and really loved them. According to them the only downside was needing to keep their phones nearby in order to get notifications and the drain on their phone battery from keeping the watch connected.

At the time I researched the Amaz Fit Bip was close to purchasing. I can’t remember what put me off the whole idea but I never did purchase. It may have been warranty concerns.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 07:33 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't know about the Blaze or Versa, but the Charge 2 has notification capabilities but you don't have to use that feature. I don't want any notifications so I never set mine up to receive any.

I actually still wear my pedometer too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 07:03 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. I will keep debating

I don't own a smartphone (yes, I'm a dinosaur) and a lot of the fitness watches seem to require them to keep track of your stats.

Sherry

Old 05-14-19, 08:28 AM  
muggle

I had a Polar for years, with the chest strap. I really wanted something I could wear all day that looked a little nicer than the thick banded Polar. I got a Fitbit Versa and hated it. I liked that it tracked sleep but then again, I already know that I sleep for crap! I wore the Versa on 1 wrist and the Polar on the other wrist and the difference was large enough to make me return the Versa. I would be in the middle of a Cathe HiiT workout, heart pounding etc and the Versa had my heart rate as if I were out for a casual stroll. Made me crazy!! I ended up w/ the Apple watch which has been great. I paired it to my chest strap.

This is just my experience as other might love the Versa. I still think Polar is the best but I just wanted something w/ a more sleek design for all day wear.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 08:56 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it. I will keep debating

I don't own a smartphone (yes, I'm a dinosaur) and a lot of the fitness watches seem to require them to keep track of your stats.

Sherry
Sherry, I’m curious. Was it the Amazfit Bit you were referring to or is there an amazon tracker available? I’d probably be more interested in an amazon tracker for 30 days.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 09:30 AM  
sherry7899

Lanette, it is the one you linked.

Thanks!
Sherry

Old 05-14-19, 09:50 AM  
Harivelo

I received a Fitbit Versa for Xmas and I love it even more than my Charge 2. I go 4 days without recharging as long as my clock face is not on 24/7. You can choose between different models of clock faces. The one I've been using for the last few months shows my daily progression with numbers and visuals for steps, stairs, distance, , calories, and active minutes. It shows my heartrate, too and how much juice is left in the battery. When I complete 10,000, the Versa buzzes and displays fireworks or other graphics. I haven't used the other functions just yet because all I'm doing for exercise these days is light walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I would love any input on the Fitbit Versa and Amazon's version (I will try to post a link later). I am tech challenged and need something simple to use. I mainly want to track calories burned, stair flights (but if it doesn't track those I'll live with it), heart rate and sleep.

I am wondering if anyone had trouble with either one, or if they were easy to use, and if they hold a charge well.

Thanks!
Sherry
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 10:04 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I had a Fitbit Blaze and quite liked it. I recharged it about every 4 days. I recently sold it & replaced it with a Fitbit Charge 3. It’s not as aesthetically pleasing as the Blaze, but I love that it’s waterproof as I love to swim. It’s less expensive than the Versa & holds a charge for 6-7 days.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activity tracker, fit bit, fitbit, fitbit versa