Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-19, 12:40 PM  
bfit

I hope I'm not detouring this thread too much, but isn't streaming more expensive in the long run than DVDs too? Admittedly, I've never done streaming, but it seems to me that if you subscribe to this and subscribe to that pretty soon you're spending a ton of money every month for something that you may or may not even use that much that month.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 01:04 PM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I hope I'm not detouring this thread too much, but isn't streaming more expensive in the long run than DVDs too? Admittedly, I've never done streaming, but it seems to me that if you subscribe to this and subscribe to that pretty soon you're spending a ton of money every month for something that you may or may not even use that much that month.
I totally agree. I don’t stream anything. The only instructor I find tempting is Ellen Barrett. Plus I used to love the idea of mastering a workout and going straight thru....think Cathe.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 02:07 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Yes. I stream Suzanne Bowen only because it’s relatively inexpensive at $79 a year (I was one of her original subscribers so she gives a price break). I don’t use it that often. I used to have two other streaming services and one was hard to cancel.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 02:39 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
You enabler you! I went and checked out Misty’s website and ended up making a purchase. I’m no dancer but it looks like these are more fun over style or skill.

I am a year older than Cathe. Unrealistically, I thought that maybe her workouts would adapt as she aged. No go. I can no longer do them due to spine issues and to her fast pace, even when lifting weights. I need to focus on the right form these days and that means a bit slower and focused . Oh well. Jessica Smith has more than filled the void.
Misty's dvds are a blast! Which ones did you buy? I hope you enjoy them.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 02:44 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Misty's dvds are a blast! Which ones did you buy? I hope you enjoy them.
Dance your heart out collection. It’s been shipped so I hope I have it by the weekend. The clips look like a blast.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 02:54 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Dance your heart out collection. It’s been shipped so I hope I have it by the weekend. The clips look like a blast.

Very good choice!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 03:01 PM  
Garrie A.

I certainly miss talk about new DVDs, especially being a relatively new vidiot (started in 2012). What I miss especially are the heavily choreographed step and hi-lo workouts. It seems as if everything is drills, drills, and more drills to repetitive techno/EDM music. Yawn.

Nothing gets me going more than complex, dancy choreography with spins, rhythm changes/syncopations, and cross phrasing. All done to decent music. I keep waiting for Leslie Stewart (aka Lethal Leslie) to make the advanced step DVD she was born to do.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-19, 03:03 PM  
Garrie A.

Quote:
This.

Plus, not everyone's internet collection allows for streaming (example: my sister has a metered connection).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 09:57 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I certainly miss talk about new DVDs, especially being a relatively new vidiot (started in 2012). What I miss especially are the heavily choreographed step and hi-lo workouts. It seems as if everything is drills, drills, and more drills to repetitive techno/EDM music. Yawn.
I agree! If I wanted to set a timer for a minute & do squats, and repeat forever, I'd do that on my own to my own music. That format bores me to tears!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 12:31 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
I agree! If I wanted to set a timer for a minute & do squats, and repeat forever, I'd do that on my own to my own music. That format bores me to tears!
In a way, I sort of feel really lucky that people of our age got to experience workouts that had exceptional production value, great music, interesting sets and really fun, outstanding choreography. Younger people (Garrie excepted) probably don't realize what the older workouts offered. They only know drill-type cardio and the less than stellar production of a lot of the newer offerings.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds versus streaming, vintage workouts