Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-19, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Someone tried to log onto my Fitbit account

Huh? My Fitbit was locked the other day, and the email said someone else had tried to log into it.

I was at a yoga open house and it was crowded. I took my Fitbit off and stowed it outside a room where I went into to get an energy therapy. I wonder if it searched for another Fitbit when it was off my wrist and another person's bluetooth responded? I don't seem to have been hacked in any way.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nobody?
Old 02-27-19, 10:52 AM  
Vantreesta

I've never had this happen but I think they are supposed to only sync with phones they are paired with. However, my new phone will pair with my Charge 2 but not with my Flex, and it still syncs with my Flex, so maybe it could have happened with yours. I sometimes wish Fitbits had power buttons like my Garmin Vivoactive. I only use the Garmin for outdoor workouts like running and hiking that I want the GPS for so I always turn it off when not in daily use.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 11:00 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Wow! I have a Fitbit Alta HR that I've had for a couple of years. I only sync it to my iPad at home (I only have a Tracfone so I didn't bother with the app for a phone). So far it seems to only have paired with my iPad.

That's really strange though. I wonder if the other account it was trying to pair with is similar in some respect. I remember using my auto key fob to open what I thought was my car door. It worked but when I was going to get into the car, I saw all these stuffed animals on the back windshield ledge. I thought what the heck, then I realized it wasn't my car!!! I closed and locked the door real fast! I guess it was because it was the same model car with the same code!

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Kathy, that's what scares me about key fobs! Not everyone is as honest as you!

I know my Flex used to sync with my boss's computer dongle at work, but I thought phones were supposed to be paired. I haven't bothered investigating since my Flex syncs with my phone even though it isn't paired.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-27-19, 12:39 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I swear - when this Alta conks out, I'm done with Fitbits. Wearing it all the time is getting to be a major drag and I'm not some major athlete in the first place.

Thanks for responding!
Old 02-27-19, 01:20 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't think I could ever break up with some type of step counter. I've been wearing a pedometer for close to 20 years! I still wear one even though I have Fitbits bc I still believe it is more accurate. And I have tracked my dog walks and written down the steps every night all this time. Obsess much??

Old 02-27-19, 01:39 PM  
mamaste

People steal accounts looking for new Fitbits that can be replaced. They submit a damage claim and Fitbit will send a new one. Fitbit has some security measures to help prevent false replacements, but nothing will stop crooks 100%.
Old 02-27-19, 03:33 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
People steal accounts looking for new Fitbits that can be replaced. They submit a damage claim and Fitbit will send a new one. Fitbit has some security measures to help prevent false replacements, but nothing will stop crooks 100%.
Whoa! Thank you for that!
Old 02-27-19, 03:39 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post

I had no idea this happens! How horrible.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit bit, fitbit