Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-19, 08:28 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Thanks for the reviews everyone and for the thread Hilary. Just wondering if Rev’d Up Rumble has a punch only/no kick option?
Lannette, I just checked the premixes. Timesaver #7 has no kick drills, but it does have both combos and they have kicks in them. So this will eliminate some of the kicking but not all of it. I didn’t think the combos had that much kicking anyway.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 08:33 PM  
Mickey12

I just did Re’v Up Rumble. It was fun! I felt the intensity was just right. I pretty much kept up with the whole thing. True to Cathe’s form, she gives you a push at the end which I found hard, but it didn’t last long. I felt nicely worked out when it was done. I enjoyed the woodsy scenery in the windows, much better than the solid light blue she has had before. I liked the music too, but as long as there is a beat, I like just about any music.

Abs #1 is really hard, I totally agree with other posters. I only did a few minutes of it. I really don’t like working abs.

So happy to have some new Cathe workouts!

Kim
Old 01-12-19, 08:37 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Lannette, I just checked the premixes. Timesaver #7 has no kick drills, but it does have both combos and they have kicks in them. So this will eliminate some of the kicking but not all of it. I didn’t think the combos had that much kicking anyway.

Kim
Thank you Kim. I’m previewing now and there’s a boxing timesaver on the cardio disk.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cardio Party!

I did Cardio Party today and I liked it! Great warmup, main workout moves pretty quickly, enough repeats to catch-on to the choreography (fairly basic, but fun) and a solid intermediate workout. Music was just okay, not great. Cathe has great energy. Backgrounder crew was terrific and not the old-time regulars, as you might expect. Great smiles from everyone. Nice set and clothing. I'm happy with the workout and will use this one lots. Feared it might be too complex (not seeing it first) but I had nothing to worry about. My trepidation is that I haven't worked out with Cathe in quite a while and my fitness level is intermediate. This did not disappoint. Also, lots of premix choices and great variety. Can make workouts fit your schedule on any given day or add more to up the challenge/fitness level.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 07:56 AM  
lizr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbee View Post
lite rev'd up rumble.... No jumping jacks.
hooray!
lizr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 08:57 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

For those that have done Cardio Party and Rev'd Up, is there any moves that go to the floor, like burpees etc? I'm hoping all the moves keep me upright. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 09:18 AM  
Hilary

There's nothing on the floor for Cardio Party. A few side lunges with reaches toward the foot but nothing where you touch the floor.

I'm kind of annoyed, frankly. I just did Six-Pack Abs 2, and it's no easier than Abs 1, in my opinion. The second move, Long Reach Butterfly Situps, I literally could not do at all.

If I want a challenging abs routine, I have about 60 Cathe workouts to choose from. I was hoping that with LITE there would be abs workouts that would actually be doable by and designed for intermediates. I remember when I was first getting in shape, back in 1999, how difficult it was to execute even one full situp. Now, at age 65, I'd like some abs routines for days when I don't feel like killing myself or feeling discouraged. I feel like Cathe dropped the ball on this one. Modifications to the moves are just mentioned in passing ... no background exerciser is actually doing them and if I want to do just simple crunches, I know how to do them without needing to play this workout.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 12:17 PM  
Lannette

I did Cardio Party today and really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed the fact that it’s choreographed vs drills. I had done Callanetics legs before so my legs were a bit prefatigued.

I also did 6 pack abs #1: I didn’t think it was that bad. I actually liked it. She takes more demanding Ab movements and slows them down. There aren’t that many reps of any one exercise either. That made them very doable for me. Cathe also provides modifications. It’s not your typical intermediate crunches but I don’t find them all that effective or fun anyway.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-19, 01:30 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
For those that have done Cardio Party and Rev'd Up, is there any moves that go to the floor, like burpees etc? I'm hoping all the moves keep me upright. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow!
Denise, Rev’d Up Rumble has no moves that go to the floor. It’s all low impact and everything is upright. It’s truly intermediate.

Kim
Old 01-13-19, 02:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Strong Body Stacked Sets:Upper!

Nice to see that Brenda and Jai are with Cathe here, along with a few of the other folks from Cardio Party. I really like the new dark (black haired) gal who smiles, no matter how tough things are. ;-) A step is used for things like dips, tricep pushups, bench presses, and overhead pulls. So there is some up and down with these exercises to go from bench to standing and visa versa, which made me a bit dizzy. I didn't get much sleep last night so that was probably a big factor in me not feeling a hundred percent. You will do about eight reps of a body specific exercise, and there are about six exercise in each set. Once done with the round of targeted exercises, you'll do it again before moving on the the next body part focus. It moves quickly from exercise to exercise, so I had to pause a number of times since I wasn't feeling well. I will have to try it again before I can comment further but right now the jury is still out. Cathe again has great energy here and she is a leader in the fitness industry. A few unusual exercises to spice things up like "U-shaped" shoulder presses, which I hadn't done before as well as "hip hugger pant pull-ups" while holding weights to side of body.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands