Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-19, 10:35 AM  
adrien_73

As a former intensity junkie, Leslie has helped keep me active & in shape as my joints have started to decline.

Once I reached 40 (46 now), I started suffering some minor but chronic overuse injuries that have kept me from doing the high intesity/impact routines I love. At first I thought Leslie was WAAAAAY too easy. Now I have learned ways to increase the intensity and she is my go-to instructor for cardio. Her workouts are so versatile. Sometimes I even do parts of them on my bellicon.

I am surprised that my cardio capacity has not reduced much since making this change. Every once in a while I will run on the dreadmill for old time's sake, and I can still run at the same pace/time that I used to.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 11:47 AM  
OSusanna

I turned to Leslie after a bout with Benign Positional Vertigo. For the vestibular sensitive, her workouts offer us a chance to increase or decrease the intensity as needed and most of the moves are straight ahead, lessening the chance of tilting or moving the head.

I have also used her workouts for when I restart (in conjunction with Margaret Richard) and I use them on the rebounder which increases the intensity and challenges the balance.

Overall these workouts are very versatile. They will increase cardio stamina with regular use. Overall they are safe, effective and sustainable.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 12:06 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post

When I was doing a lot of Leslie regularly, I found I got a lot STRONGER because when I did strength workouts, I didn't get nearly as breathless doing those big lower body movements. I was able to do more squats, for example, with more weight before I got too breathless.
I'm glad you pointed that out. I've noticed that I could do a lot more squats, etc, but always get breathless too. I'll put more emphasis on cardio, maybe even pull out the Leslie DVDs I already own ...
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 12:39 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

Leslie is the one cardio that I can always talk hubby into doing with me. She is my go to when I’m feeling a little run down. I can do as high or low as I choose.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 03:48 PM  
Terry

Love every comment. It is all helpful. ❤️💜💙
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 09:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've recently begun an all-Leslie rotation, primarily using Walk It Off in 30, Tone Every Zone, Belly Blasting Walk and her (Nutrisystem) Woman's Walk. All incorporate strength training. I'm also adding in other Leslie walks if/when I feel like it. For me, this is perfect for the winter doldrums, because these are workouts I *will* do, even when tired or just 'not in the mood'. Which is pretty often these days.

Jessica Smith can be similar but I find Leslie much simpler and even more of a no-brainer, while still providing effective exercise. That's what I crave right now.

Last edited by Lucky Star; 01-05-19 at 09:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-19, 09:17 PM  
daisyduke

Leslie turned me into a runner. I started walking with her and then jogging during her boosts. I never thought I could run but doing the boosts allowed me to think I could. After a month of daily Leslie walks and boosts I went outside and ran three miles. I now do 6 to 8 miles daily and when it was nice out I often did 14 miles. On days when I’m sick or too tired to run I always go back to Leslie. I credit her with making me confident enough and fit enough to run. I am currently wearing shorts I wore in 7th grade because I’m the smallest I’ve ever been (I’m turning 40 soon). I love Leslie.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 11:55 AM  
sunday

There should be a thread for me from the fall of 2011, when I was in yoga teacher training. For months all I did was my Ashtanga practice and Leslie six days a week. I got to my absolute lowest weight since I was 16 and got tiny, according to my DH, which is crazy because I’m tall and have all my weight in my legs. Search for that thread and you can read in depth.

HTH!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone