Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-18, 02:01 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Any thoughts on Beyond Barre Fit with Colleen Ketchum?

I searched and could only find threads about a slide board set on QVC that apparently never happened. Total Fitness has her DVDs on sale, and they are DVD-R but they look good! They remind me of Cardio Vusion, which is one of my favorites.

Has anyone tried these? Any thoughts?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-18, 04:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I had them b/c of the sliding aspect, which turned out to be a disappointment to me. Also, there were things about her appearance (I'll leave it at that; rules) that I didn't want to look at. I traded them recently. Before that, they were offered for sale on VF Roost for a long time, no takers.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-18, 04:39 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I had them b/c of the sliding aspect, which turned out to be a disappointment to me. Also, there were things about her appearance (I'll leave it at that; rules) that I didn't want to look at. I traded them recently. Before that, they were offered for sale on VF Roost for a long time, no takers.
Cynthia, all the stuff I've bought from you I've liked! So this almost makes me want to get them.

I don't see any gliding/sliding in these though. Did you have different ones maybe?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 03-28-18, 04:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No. Those are the only 2 ever released. There's a separate section of sliding, not incorporated into the workout.
Old 03-28-18, 04:51 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
No. Those are the only 2 ever released. There's a separate section of sliding, not incorporated into the workout.
Ohhh I didn't realize that. I see it in the breakdown now, only about 15 minutes worth. Did you try the rest of the workout?

Old 03-28-18, 05:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No. I previewed one of the DVDs.
Old 03-28-18, 05:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Pratima - I have these and love them. I tried them thru KineticFlix first and, even though I almost never buy DVD-R's, I bought these thru Mary because I liked them so much. I've done each of them a couple more times and continue to love them. I haven't done them recently, but they are on my list of things to do again.

P.S. I just noticed you only asked about Fit, but I was talking about both. Fit is probably my favorite of both.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-18, 05:45 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Karen, what do you love about them? And have you tried Hilliard yet? I'm debating between the two, or might get both!

Old 03-28-18, 05:59 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Pratima - I haven't received my order from Hilliard so I can't compare them yet. I really like Beyond Barre because I like her sequence of exercises and, although I really feel them, they are not crazy hard. I'm a little worried that the Hilliard ones will be too hard for me.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-18, 06:27 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Karen, does Beyond have a good amount of cardio-ish moves? It looks like it from the previews.

Tags
beyond barre, colleen ketchum, slide board