Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-18, 07:35 PM  
muggle

I'm definitely on the band wagon. I've been doing alot of Cathe Live and Yvette. I'm admittedly a cardio junkie but Yvette certainly lifts heavy so you get a great burn there too. I think she does listen to people or reads the posts because she immediately posted a shorter workout.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 09:00 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I'm definitely on the band wagon. I've been doing alot of Cathe Live and Yvette. I'm admittedly a cardio junkie but Yvette certainly lifts heavy so you get a great burn there too. I think she does listen to people or reads the posts because she immediately posted a shorter workout.
I haven't tried her weight work yet. I noticed she uses heavy weights but she keeps it moving and doesn't seem to make it the whole workout. I like that she isn't so chatty either. I am looking foward to tring more of her workouts. How is her kick boxing? Does she do a lot of punching drills? That's the turn off to me, when there is too much punching and not enough kicking and moving.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 09:05 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I haven't tried her weight work yet. I noticed she uses heavy weights but she keeps it moving and doesn't seem to make it the whole workout. I like that she isn't so chatty either. I am looking foward to tring more of her workouts. How is her kick boxing? Does she do a lot of punching drills? That's the turn off to me, when there is too much punching and not enough kicking and moving.
There's not much in terms of punching in the kickboxing one that I did (the 45 min one from last week), just mostly cardio kicking and moving. There's some combos where the arms are punching but you're moving the entire time.

I am loving the heavy weight work, since she tells you exactly what weight she's using and how many reps you'll be doing right in the description, really takes the guess work out. I rarely match her dumbbell in upper body weight work but I try to keep up with for lower body weight work.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 02:15 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
There's not much in terms of punching in the kickboxing one that I did (the 45 min one from last week), just mostly cardio kicking and moving. There's some combos where the arms are punching but you're moving the entire time.
Perfect! Thanks. That's how I like my kickboxing. Now I am looking forward to it. The only 2 KB workouts I like are Cathe's Cardio Kicks and Amy's Kickbox Surge.
Old 03-05-18, 06:01 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Yup, this thread pretty much put me over the edge. No one gave any negative reviews so looks like I'm going to give Miss Yvette a try!

Any recommendations for workouts with bodyweight only? Or cardio only?
Thanks!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 08:14 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Yup, this thread pretty much put me over the edge. No one gave any negative reviews so looks like I'm going to give Miss Yvette a try!

Thanks!
Her 30 min heavy weight workout that she put up last week was great -- I was SORE for days! It really got my heartrate up more than I thought for a weight workout.

The all-out cardio step and kickboxing is a killer, 70+ mins. I was drenched, but it surprised me that I could keep up for the most part (granted, I only used a six inch step and I modify all double feet impact).

After two weeks of adding in her workouts sporadically through the week (prob one every three days), my jeans are really loose!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-18, 09:54 PM  
marki64

Tonight I did Yvette's Heavy weights, step cardio circuits. I liked it, but I have to get use to her format. I broke a good sweat and downed all my water, but I never felt wiped out where I couldn't continue. Again, she really keeps it moving. My only complaint is the music is annoying. It really gets on my nerves.
Old 03-06-18, 10:25 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did the Cardio Kickboxing workout this morning. I haven't done intense cardio like that on a regular basis in a long time, but I feel like I should be doing something like that on a weekly basis. It was interesting to see how I did, which was fine. I had to modify down a little bit here and there, but mostly kept up. I did have a hard time understanding her, but it was still quite easy to follow along. Good find!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-18, 10:31 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

These look good and I like the music! They remind me of what good live gym classes used to be like.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 02:23 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

Thanks!
If you have a BOSU, I really like her BOSU Cardio Mashup. She does a few moves with 5lb weights, but it's at least 90% cardio.

I also enjoyed her BOSU/HIIT/Bodyweight one as well. I really enjoy that she adds in balance moves in with the cardio ones. Plus good BOSU workouts are hard to find. You could use a step and a ball and probably mimic most of her moves. I don't jump on my BOSU like she does but that's just cause I'm afraid of damaging it. All in all, I really liked these. I'm still working my way through all her workouts.

Carla
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youtube, yvette bachman