Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-18, 07:56 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscF View Post
I've been feeling the same way lately. I decided to go back to what works and that includes The Classic Firms (I did LAM last week), Jane Fonda's Step, Gilad and I'm going to check out Kathy Smith's 1980's Fat Burning Workout (I read about this one in an old thread and purchase immediately. ) I'm going to intermix these with kettlebells, and what I consider my newer "vintage", LOL, like Hip Hop Abs, Petra Kolber Bootcamp Boogie, Michael Olajide and Soul Sweat. The weight and inches fell away from me when I did these workouts. I'm going back!
I purchased Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Classics on DVD over the summer, which has the old Fat Burning Workout on it. I haven't tried it yet but will likely in the near future.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 09:45 PM  
angie_nrs

I also gravitate to my vintage workouts, especially during this time of the year....not sure why exactly......maybe the music?

I really like Cathe's older stuff. Most of her newer stuff just isn't clicking with me.....mostly due to the bland music. I'm doing Gin Miller's older step w/o, Cathes older w/o, some P90X's, Les Mills Pump and also trying to throw some virgin w/o's in there that I've never gotten to, just for some spice. However, I'm finding the vintage ones are much more enjoyable right now.

With this thread, I need to drag out Kathy Smith's weight loss workout.....I like that one a little bit better than her Fat Burning Workout (which is a goodie too).

I'm so glad I have my vintage collection that I can always rely on for a good workout and a smile!
Old 02-06-18, 01:49 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
retro, belated, late to the party, tried and true, oldie but goodie has been my rotation.
That's me too. I need to go look at the date, but today's workout was 40 minutes' worth of STEPOLOGY by Marcos Prolo. It's a non-tap workout aimed at advanced steppers. I hadn't looked at it in at least a couple of years. It was a great brain workout for me (64+ years old) as well as a great cardio workout. Very complex choreography, and fun if you like that kind of thing. I really have no desire to buy anything new because by this time I know that there's no magic bullet.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 08:23 AM  
TinaT

Quote:
I really have no desire to buy anything new because by this time I know that there's no magic bullet.
Exactly! I think I was looking for this miracle workout that really doesn't exist. It's about doing what motivates you to become consistent. One of the biggest lessons I've learned in the last year.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 08:39 AM  
sherry7899

I repurchased Richard Simmons' Sweatin the Oldies set when they released the 30th anniversary edition. I am trying to get back to strength training, so I will likely be using Tamilee Webb dvds and Margaret Richard, since most current strength training dvds use compound moves and non traditional moves and I hate those. (they bother my lower back) I need to do one, slow controlled move at a time

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 10:58 AM  
BriscF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I purchased Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Classics on DVD over the summer, which has the old Fat Burning Workout on it. I haven't tried it yet but will likely in the near future.
That's the one I just purchased this past Friday! I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive.
BriscF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 11:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
retro, belated, late to the party, tried and true, oldie but goodie has been my rotation.
^^This ^^ is Me right now

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 07:42 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscF View Post
That's the one I just purchased this past Friday! I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive.
Yes, it also has Winning Workout and Body Basics, which is really old! I actually bought the VHS for Body Basics back in 1995 when it was probably 10 years old back then. I didn't keep it for long and frankly I don't know if I ever did try it. It probably didn't look as good on preview or something.

I can see myself trying Winning Workout sometime though too, but I bought it mainly for the Fat Burning Workout.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vintage videos, vintage workouts