Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-17, 05:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I think it depends both on the credit card company and the vendor. I have some things that are billed monthly that when we've had a compromised card, the new number gets billed the next month without me doing anything -- I think maybe netflix? But then our phone bill always requires me to go in and enter the new card number. It is interesting that a smallish company like Barre 3 would have that sort of power.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 05:46 PM  
momofcha

I recently had my card compromised and when I went to get my new debit card the teller explicitly told me I need to update any automatic payees. I'm glad my bank is set up that way.

Sorry that happened to you.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 05:58 PM  
cherimac

I have had a 6 month ongoing issue with Suzanne Bowen-same thing. They swear they don't have me active, I can't access the website, and I get charged each month-even after getting a new credit card issued and talking to my company multiple times. I don't get how businesses do that, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 07-02-17, 07:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I recently had my card compromised and when I went to get my new debit card the teller explicitly told me I need to update any automatic payees. I'm glad my bank is set up that way.

Sorry that happened to you.
Actually, Sue..... my person told me I would have to explicitly update all automatic payments, but.... I didn't.

Cheri, that SBF situation is a nightmare! Can your credit card company help out?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 08:20 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Actually, Sue..... my person told me I would have to explicitly update all automatic payments, but.... I didn't.

Cheri, that SBF situation is a nightmare! Can your credit card company help out?
I had to call them several times, but I think they have finally got it fixed. SBF never could figure it out.
Old 07-03-17, 10:49 AM  
katmom

I had a similar experience with myyogaworks this past week. My subscription was due to expire 06/30/2017. I had decided to cancel but travel and work delayed my canceling until 06/29/2017 (the only way to cancel is via their site). Their terms state you may cancel as long as you do so before the scheduled expiration date. My card has been charged and they are refusing to refund stating online subscriptions are non-refundable. If they do not issue the refund, I will dispute the charge via my bank but I have to wait 15 days to give the merchant an opportunity to issue a refund.
Old 07-03-17, 11:24 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I had a similar experience with myyogaworks this past week. My subscription was due to expire 06/30/2017. I had decided to cancel but travel and work delayed my canceling until 06/29/2017 (the only way to cancel is via their site). Their terms state you may cancel as long as you do so before the scheduled expiration date. My card has been charged and they are refusing to refund stating online subscriptions are non-refundable. If they do not issue the refund, I will dispute the charge via my bank but I have to wait 15 days to give the merchant an opportunity to issue a refund.
See, people complain about companies like Beachbody and Pilates by Lisa where you can't click a button to cancel but have to call or email directly. I much prefer that because it is far more likely to work.
Old 07-11-17, 05:20 PM  
katmom

Quick update, the billing policy on myyogaworks site states you may cancel at anytime prior to the next renewal date. My subscription was set to expire 06/30/17 and I cancelled on 06/29/17. Just one day but technically still meets their published billing renewal policy.

Anyway, they did refund the $150 when I brought this to their attention.
Old 07-11-17, 08:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Quick update, the billing policy on myyogaworks site states you may cancel at anytime prior to the next renewal date. My subscription was set to expire 06/30/17 and I cancelled on 06/29/17. Just one day but technically still meets their published billing renewal policy.

Anyway, they did refund the $150 when I brought this to their attention.
Nice! I complained via email to Barre3 last week, but got no response. Not even a "you didn't comply with our cancellation policy". That irritates me all over again. Not sure that they got the message that I definitely did not want to renew next year since they didn't bother to respond.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-17, 09:43 PM  
ncl

I have never had recurring payments on a card go through when my card has changed without me entering it. Someone I know recently changed their card due to fraud and forgot their BCBS health insurance was on the card and without communication or further notice, BCBS cancelled their policy. How would they get the new number? I think that is strange.

Sounds like Barre3 doesn't have great customer service either way.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre3