Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-17, 06:58 PM  
Bearybuff

Best Aromatherapy Oils?

I just bought myself a diffuser off Amazon. When I'm stressed, I often get out my incense and that calms me somewhat. I noticed, however, that a lot of ash is ending up outside the incense container. I was thinking that probably isn't good in the long term.

So I bought a diffuser, hoping that that would be more healthful. I don't really know much about diffuser oils. I know there are the therapeutic variety, which may make more sense since I can also mix them with oil for bath products.

Does anyone have any very effective scents, mixes, or brands that they've used? I'm primarily looking for insomnia and stress relief. This is new territory for me so all reqs or uses are welcome.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 10:39 PM  
seww

Some of my favorites are clove, lavender, bergamot, grapefruit, orange, peppermint.
Have fun experimenting!
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 10:42 PM  
Titus2woman

I think lavender would be a great place to start for insomnia and stress relief.

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 01:58 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I've been diffusing for a while and this book has been a great reference for me:
https://www.amazon.com/Bloomsbury-En...matherapy+book

I've also found lots of oil blend recipes on Pinterest. My favorite oils are bergamot, lavender, vetiver, clary sage, lemon, tea tree, cedarwood, eucalyptus, peppermint, basil, frankincense....to name a few, lol. I buy a local Thieves blend as well that's very nice: http://saltspringnaturals.com/shop/thieves-oil/

Have fun with it!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 03:28 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
I think lavender would be a great place to start for insomnia and stress relief.
Yes. One of the best.
Old 04-02-17, 03:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

As others have mentioned, Lavender is one of the best oils for relaxation.

I really love this set from Amazon. Not only is it quite inexpensive ($20 for 6 oils!), but I think the oils are great quality, and I absolutely love the scents. Four are more relaxing, one of which is pure lavender and then three blends than include lavender, and the last two (peppermint and cleanse) are a bit more invigorating--I don't prefer those as much but enjoy them in certain situations.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 06:28 PM  
SueT

I've been using a diffuser for about two years, thanks to my daughter getting me one for Mother's Day. I love my diffuser!

I like the Now Foods blend called Clear the Air. It's available on Vitacost and Amazon. It has peppermint, eucalyptus, hyssop, and rosemary, and it's so refreshing. They also have a blend called Peaceful Sleep that has lavender, orange, tangerine, chamomile, ylang ylang, and sandalwood. As a matter of fact, I love all the Now Foods combinations, like Mental Focus and Cheer Up Buttercup. I feel this is a much healthier way to bring refreshing scents into the home instead of scented candles or air fresheners that use chemicals as scents.

I turn my diffuser on every time I do a workout, whether it's yoga, cardio, weights, or a fusion workout. I like breathing in the essential oils during my workouts. Peppermint and eucalyptus really seem to clean the air of pollen and allergens.

I hope this helps.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 07:01 PM  
LeanneM

I use a diffuser at night, and it really helps! A friend of mine used to gift me with Young Living oils (her mom sells them), but I've since found Eden's Garden:

https://www.edensgarden.com/

If you follow their blog, they constantly post recipes and if you order any oils, they send you a cute little pamphlet that has recipes for various blends in them. I LOVE their oils!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 10:03 PM  
BunnyHop

I've been really tempted to try Aromatherapy Associates, but their stuff is so expensive I just can't bring myself to do it, even if I knew what they smelled like.

Tags
aromatherapy, essential oils