Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-17, 10:06 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

That's great Julie, it sounds like a great plan to me! I'll let you know how I like the WOs when I get to give them a try!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 04:17 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I just had a bad Rodale buying experience so please be very careful when ordering from their web site. I was looking at the All in 18 DVDs, started to place an order, then decided I wanted to think on it, canceled and closed out the browser. Imagine my surprise when a little while later my "order" was on its way. I next called their customer service and also followed up through email. I was assured it was cancelled.

Well, surprise again, I received the All in 18 package today in the mail. I realized I had two options, keep it, or pay for the shipping envelope and aggravation of dealing with their returns and my local post office to send it back. The reviews on All in 18 are so good I'm keeping it. I also know from past experience how difficult it can be to send something back to Rodale and have the account cleared. I suspect they know this as well.

The BBB reports Rodale with a 100% negativity rating, which is a shame because many of their products are actually very good.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 04:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Oh wow Beth, that's bad they do that, not cool at all. I have ordered from them twice without problem, but thanks for the heads up. I'll be careful!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 05:55 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Oh wow Beth, that's bad they do that, not cool at all. I have ordered from them twice without problem, but thanks for the heads up. I'll be careful!
Yep, I wouldn't advise adding shipping info unless you are sure you want it. On a positive note, have you tried any of the workouts? The length looks really good.

~Beth
Old 01-25-17, 07:28 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Hi everyone,

I just had a bad Rodale buying experience so please be very careful when ordering from their web site. I was looking at the All in 18 DVDs, started to place an order, then decided I wanted to think on it, canceled and closed out the browser. Imagine my surprise when a little while later my "order" was on its way. I next called their customer service and also followed up through email. I was assured it was cancelled.

Well, surprise again, I received the All in 18 package today in the mail. I realized I had two options, keep it, or pay for the shipping envelope and aggravation of dealing with their returns and my local post office to send it back. The reviews on All in 18 are so good I'm keeping it. I also know from past experience how difficult it can be to send something back to Rodale and have the account cleared. I suspect they know this as well.

The BBB reports Rodale with a 100% negativity rating, which is a shame because many of their products are actually very good.

~Beth
I had this happen to me also and I am very leary of ordering anything else from them. The time it happened to me I only put my address in and didn't put in a payment. Well when I got the DVD set it came with a bill. I figured I would save the hassle of returning. Very irritating especially when you cancel before finishing the ordering.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 09:08 AM  
jusca

Whats the music like? Is it mixed really low and barely noticeable? I find Mens Health workouts to hve barely audible music and wasnt sure if the sane is true for Womens Health.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 10:32 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Hi everyone,

I just had a bad Rodale buying experience so please be very careful when ordering from their web site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I figured I would save the hassle of returning. Very irritating especially when you cancel before finishing the ordering.
it's okay - even after reading other people's experiences, i stupidly did the same thing!

i wanted to pay upfront to get the free shipping, but somehow i hit the back button and wound up in the same predicament except 2 packages were coming to me, one i didn't want which would come with a bill, and one i wanted where i paid upfront. refusing the correct package would avoid my having to request a label or paying the shipping out of my own pocket.

fortunately, i was able to determine which one to refuse - it's described in the thread below:

Fit in 10 Belly Fix

when Rodale sent me an email about payment, i forwarded it to their CS email with the USPS tracking # which showed that the package was enroute to them, and a human emailed me back saying everything was cool.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 05:18 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I had this happen to me also and I am very leary of ordering anything else from them. The time it happened to me I only put my address in and didn't put in a payment. Well when I got the DVD set it came with a bill. I figured I would save the hassle of returning. Very irritating especially when you cancel before finishing the ordering.
I did this the other week. If a package shows up at my door and I open it thinking it's a trade or SASE, but it is in fact from Rodale, I will not be returning it. Shame on them for sending something to me unsolicited.

Federal Trade Commission - unordered merchandise
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 07:05 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone. I hate to think the web site is set up in such a way to be misleading to consumers but it makes you wonder. The BBB comments are concerning, especially those customers who were turned over to collection agencies for non payment for items they never ordered.

Rhonda, same with me. Paying for it was easier than the hassle of returning and dealing with our very slow post office.

Oh well, the packaging is very pretty and I've read the instructor is very good. And you can't beat 18 minutes.

~Beth
Old 02-02-17, 11:48 AM  
Cecelia

Quote:
I just had a bad Rodale buying experience so please be very careful when ordering from their web site.
Something similar happened to me with this set. I put the set in the cart just to see about price and then closed out the browser without ordering. Imagine my surprise when I got an email confirming my order. It was over a holiday, too, and I could not contact customer service. I finally got through on the Tuesday after the holiday and talked to a customer service agent. I really didn't see how the order could go through without putting in my credit card info, but it seems they said I ordered on a bill me later plan. I was fortunate that at the time, the item was not in stock, so the order had not been sent and I was able to cancel, but it made me angry and very leery of the site. So buyer beware!
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all in 18, rodale, rodale unwanted package, rodale.com