Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-16, 01:21 PM  
cherimac

I know Kristen McGee's Weight Loss Pilates is tough. I don't do it much as I prefer her as a yoga instructor.

Cassey Ho has a nice Beginner workout on YT, about 25 minutes.
Old 08-02-16, 01:23 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I know Kristen McGee's Weight Loss Pilates is tough. I don't do it much as I prefer her as a yoga instructor.
I did that one yesterday! It is hardcore, love it! And I love Kristen as a Pilates instructor, I think she is fabulous.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 01:38 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 06:39 AM  
Rhonda

If you are doing pilates regularly, how often - every other day, every day, 2-3 times a week.

I am getting into workouts that are not so tough on my body and have a reformer with a couple DVDs by Kristin McGee. I probably should get back on that.

I also love my yoga, so wondering how to combine yoga with pilates and keep my cardio going.

I like doing my cardio in the morning, seems like I don't have to concentrate too much been doing Jessica, walking workouts.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 07:34 AM  
cherimac

Rhonda-I do Pilates daily. But 2-3 times a week is great. I follow Pilates by Lisa rotations and she does Stretch, and, side body, lower, upper, and full body, etc so I don't overtrain.
Old 08-03-16, 07:46 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks everyone again! Aunt Famous, I may try a variation of your schedule when I am done with my RWH rotation. I may be coming to you for suggestions
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 02:07 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I second the Cassey Ho recommendation, I just got her Total Body DVD and did it on Monday, and was very pleased with it. The time flew by! Also, each exercise is chaptered so easy to skip specific exercises, and the DVD comes with a little printout of each exercise in sequential order on the DVD, so you can really see what is coming.

Also, like others I absolutely Lara Hudson. My very first exercise workout (on VHS) was 10 Minute Solution Pilates, and I have her whole library.

The Strong Stride DVD is a little dry but very challenging.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned Barlates yet, her ab/core stuff is mostly mat pilates and VERY challenging...tons of free workouts on youtube.

I absolutely HAVE to get Tracey Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt! I love her Booty Barre DVDs, I think I glazed over this one since Total Fitness has "beginner/intermediate" on it but it seems to be much more challenging than that.
Old 08-03-16, 02:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Ebianco, I have Tracey's Super Sculpt and I didn't find it to too challenging. I thought it was just challenging enough. I have to skip the plank-y moves because of wrist issues but all the rest of it is doable, albeit not easy. You will like it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 02:49 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Ebianco, I have Tracey's Super Sculpt and I didn't find it to too challenging. I thought it was just challenging enough. I have to skip the plank-y moves because of wrist issues but all the rest of it is doable, albeit not easy. You will like it!
Thank you Pat58!!
Old 08-03-16, 02:56 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I agree with Pat. I think it is a solid intermediate workout, not beginner at all imo, and I felt it the next day, very good workout.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bernadette giorgi, favorite pilates dvds, kathy smith compilations, mtv pilates mix, pilates ball, pilates band