Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-15, 01:16 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I pre-ordered and am still excited but the first preview photo I saw of the series was of Cathe (I think) doing preacher curls (UGH makes my shoulder joints feel squeamish just looking at it) supported by that evil horrible huge scary life-size plastic ball thingy that was so popular about 10 years ago. I relegated my huge plastic ball to a distant corner of the garage and told it it could not come out until it stopped skittering around and until I could balance on it rather than crashing to the floor so many times. So I guess I will have to dig it out and dust it off. I just hope that big ball doesn't figure prominently in the proceedings
LOL, I don't even own an exercise ball. The last time I used one, it was to bounce a fussy infant to sleep (said infant is now 9). After that, it was exiled to a closet for several years. When I finally brought it back out, it quickly became a crowd favorite (2 toddlers) for kicking around the house. I donated it to the goodwill...
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 01:32 PM  
lesia

Muscle Meltdown Triceps

https://www.facebook.com/49839277161...type=3&theater

Muscle Meltdown (12 minutes) Triceps

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 01:39 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Man, Cathe looks phenomenal!! I love the outfits and colors, too.
Agree! I miss Cedie, Lorraine, Brenda and Deazie. Marlo and Kate are in awesome shape but (IMO) don't have any screen presence. I don't watch them like I do the others.
Old 10-05-15, 04:10 PM  
twinkletoes

I really hope there will be something about these workouts that really stand out from her other workouts (aside from the meltdowns and blizzards). I just got rid of over 200 DVDs because why keep a ton of workouts that are all basically the same? I really hope I don't have to cancel this preorder.

ETA: and I hope she keeps the "ice" talk to a minimum.
Old 10-05-15, 05:01 PM  
Gatorfan76

I like the idea of the Muscle Meltdown workouts, but I wish all the workouts would be put together on 1 DVD so you can have one super intense upper body workout ala the CTX DVD
Old 10-05-15, 05:47 PM  
wendy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76 View Post
I like the idea of the Muscle Meltdown workouts, but I wish all the workouts would be put together on 1 DVD so you can have one super intense upper body workout ala the CTX DVD
I know this isn't for everyone, but if you have Cathe On Demand, you can use her Workout Blender to combine any segments of any of her workouts together to make any combination you can imagine.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 06:03 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I know this isn't for everyone, but if you have Cathe On Demand, you can use her Workout Blender to combine any segments of any of her workouts together to make any combination you can imagine.
You can also do this with downloads and her original Workout Blender. Even if the Blender freezes before it completes the job (which it does for many OSs), you can find the files of individual chapters and put them into a playlist yourself. I made some great combinations with the RWH workouts.

I am excited for this series!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 10-05-15 at 06:43 PM. Reason: clarification
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 06:41 PM  
andtckrtoo

These look fun! I love stability ball work!
Old 10-05-15, 07:09 PM  
desderata

Quote:
This is my biggest disappointment with Cathe's more recent offerings - single disc workouts and pretty bad premixes. Her dvds are pricey and I don't understand why she used to do great premixes and now they, well, aren't. I especially would like a total body premix. It could so easily have been done in Xtrain and wasn't - that's one of the main reasons I'm holding off on this. If there are great premixes, I'll bite. Otherwise, I'll use the dvds I have.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-15, 10:01 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I am really looking forward to these. No matter how many workouts Cathe makes, whether on DVD or streaming, I never get enough.

I wonder where Brenda is. Lorraine has not been around for a while, and I miss her. Cedie is one of my favorites but she has missed some filmimgs over the years.. Deazie seemed like an actress to me.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice, filming a workout, ice