Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-14, 03:36 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, Deana, so elegant! I know you lost a great deal of weight some time ago, but may I say you don't look like you *ever* had weight to lose.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 03:46 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
You look beautiful!!

Inspired by your comments last week, I decided to start putting Kundalini back into my rotation, as well. I've had a stressful few months, and I felt like a lot of my weight gain stemmed from that. This last week I've focused on Callanetics (2.5 hours total in the last week and a half) and several Kundalini practices (I only brought Happy Hormones, Beauty Body, and AM/PM with me, so I'm cycling through these) that are about 30-60 minutes each time, with a few other things, as well.

I'm seeing changes for the first time in months. My legs have a little shape to them. My pants fit slightly better. And I feel so amazing after the practices.

I'd done Kundalini regularly several years ago, and I noticed that it did great things for me mentally and physically. I always quit because of sinus problems that made the breathing almost impossible. If I could stick with it, I think I'd be a much more balanced person. One of the most beneficial side effects was better focus, and I need to keep that in mind as I get frustrated with my mental abilities .
How wonderful you're seeing results!!!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 03:48 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Wow, Deana, so elegant! I know you lost a great deal of weight some time ago, but may I say you don't look like you *ever* had weight to lose.
Gina, thank you! But I actually have tons of loose skin that's quite repulsive. Unfortunately I may never wear a bathing suit because of it, and have not even been brave enough to wear shorts yet. One of the downsides to losing lots of weight in your 40s and beyond is that the skin just does not bounce back to where it used to, no matter what TA says.
Old 06-20-14, 05:04 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I honestly didn't see any loose skin in your photos.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 05:11 PM  
Coastal Girl

Thanks so much for sharing this, congratulations...you look fantastic! I'm also 49 so this is very inspiring. I've been struggling with those last 5 pounds and have never tried KY but I will now
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 05:12 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I honestly didn't see any loose skin in your photos.
I have it under my arms. The majority, though, is on my lower body. That's the main reason I don't wear shorts! The yoga pants keep everything nice and tightly tucked in. My belly is flat; it's everything below that - thighs, butt, knees, calves. That's where i was biggest. Ugh.
Old 06-20-14, 05:14 PM  
loverly7

Congrats on your amazing results! It is just so bizarre to me how effective kundalini yoga is. I enjoy so many other exercises, including some with body mind link (Lee Holden Qi Gong, hatha yoga, etc), but none of it even remotely provides the reduced cravings at the level of kundalini yoga for me. I'm not sure what it is but it is incredible.
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 05:16 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly7 View Post
Congrats on your amazing results! It is just so bizarre to me how effective kundalini yoga is. I enjoy so many other exercises, including some with body mind link (Lee Holden Qi Gong, hatha yoga, etc), but none of it even remotely provides the reduced cravings at the level of kundalini yoga for me. I'm not sure what it is but it is incredible.
I'm glad it's not just me and the placebo effect!! I think if you believe it, it really helps, and I've always believed in the KY approach. I know I just make better choices when doing KY, and that's a large part of it.
Old 06-20-14, 05:50 PM  
Cybersparkle

Wow, Deana, you look wonderful! You have influenced me greatly & I am a believer of low intensity fusion workouts now. I am not at my goal weight, but I have lost more with fusion workouts than high intensity.

Now, you got me going with Kundalini!! I have been doing a little more yoga, but hadn't really thought about specifically what kind. I think most workouts that just say "Yoga" (like Ellen's Yogini, Jillian's Meltdown, Densie Austin) I'm assuming they are hatha yoga

And I guess power yoga is ashtanga yoga? Nevertheless, now I will specifically look for kundalini yoga - I am intrigued

Thanks for sharing, you are such an inspiration! Enjoy your trip & have a blast travelling at your goal weight
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-14, 06:14 PM  
sunday

Cyber: Thank you! Ashtanga is like the P90X of yoga I guess. It's grueling power yoga that is a set number of moves, about 70 I think, in a specific sequence that never varies and goes for 90 minutes. You do it six days a week ad nauseum. And that is Primary Series. It gets worse from there. Kino McGregor and David Swenson are two of the bigger Ashtangis that people know.

I think any yoga is excellent, as long as it's yoga you enjoy.

Tags
guru jagat, kundalini, rama tv, ravi and ana, raviana, results