Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-14, 01:36 PM  
antbuko

I am also interested in this program. I had knee replacement surgery in January and before that I wasn't able to exercise much at all. Now I'm doing much, much better but I am still rehabbing my knee, working on strength, flexibility and range of motion. What do you all think? Do you think this could work for me? I am very much inspired by the promo video.
Old 05-09-14, 02:03 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
does anyone have a link showing clips of the actual workouts? thx.
Here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shPjl0R5kHo

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 05:39 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

For me, what's special about it is I actually do it! I have tried a lot of programs over the years and always quit them eventually (usually because I got bored). The majority of DDP workouts I've done are short (30 min or so) and I actually do them. And I'm seeing strength results. I did a couple "real" pushups on my toes this week, which may be no big deal to some people, but for people like me who have no upper body strength, it's pretty cool.

In addition, I have some serious health issues and I love how he emphasizes making the workouts your own.

DDP + walking + classical stretch = fitness I can live with.

ETA: Another huge bonus for me is that you need no equipment (save a heart rate monitor if you want it). There have been many programs over the years that I've been interested in, but skipped because I live in an apartment and don't have the room for all the accoutrements. Also, I love that there is no impact (also beneficial for people who live in apartments and want to remain on good terms with the neighbors).
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 07:32 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raineth View Post
And I'm seeing strength results. I did a couple "real" pushups on my toes this week, which may be no big deal to some people, but for people like me who have no upper body strength, it's pretty cool.
Awesome! I'm very close to doing a "real" pushup, thanks to this program, and to me, that's a very big deal.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 07:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Jackie - thanks. does Dallas instruct all of the workouts, or are there other leaders?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 08:13 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Dallas Page has the full Energy video on Vimeo. It is on Team DDP also, but I found this in a search and didn't need a password or the link so I guess it's public.

ETA: He also has clips of most of the workouts. http://vimeo.com/user1929815/videos/page:7/sort:date
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14, 09:00 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Raineth;2399391
DDP + walking + classical stretch = fitness I can live with.

[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I do! We could be best friends .

I agree with Raineth. I haven't stuck with any program (besides CS) for this long. I am not tired of it and I still feel very challenged by it.

Jeannine DDP does lead all the workouts.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 01:05 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
does Dallas instruct all of the workouts, or are there other leaders?
Dallas leads them all.
Old 05-10-14, 11:04 AM  
Mickey12

I watched the informercial this morning. It's very inspirational and the testimonials seem sincere. It definitely does what it's supposed to do - it makes me want it.

I'm wondering about the intensity level though. I like UY and the difficulty level is just what I need. Does anyone know if DDP Yoga is a lot easier than UY?

Thanks.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 11:54 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I watched the informercial this morning. It's very inspirational and the testimonials seem sincere. It definitely does what it's supposed to do - it makes me want it.

I'm wondering about the intensity level though. I like UY and the difficulty level is just what I need. Does anyone know if DDP Yoga is a lot easier than UY?

Thanks.

Kim
I'd say yes. I am not saying that DDPY is necessarily "easy" but the target audience for it is much different than the target audience for UY. One of the selling points for DDPY is that several of the workouts are 20-35 minutes long. As people get stronger, they graduate to the longer workouts and do those most of the time.

The longest and most challenging workout in the rotation that comes with the program is Double Black Diamond, which is 65 minutes. There is a workout called Diamond Cutter that is about 55 minutes. There is a workout called Strength Builder that is about 40 minutes. I have a lot of experience with yoga and I think these routines will give you a good workout.

On the discs that come with the Max Pack option, there is a workout called Extreme Psycho which is the most challenging of the workouts. I have this workout but haven't done it and I think it clocks in at about 60-65 minutes. It isn't included in the rotation that comes with the program, but by all accounts it is tough--pushups done on your fingertips and so on.

I'm not saying that someone who has done UY wouldn't like DDPY or benefit from it, but the DDPY workouts are much different in length and "feel" than UY. You can get a good workout with DDPY, though, no question; certainly you can from the longer routines. Aside from the more do-able length of most of the DDPY workouts, a big selling point for me was the addition of calisthenic and PT-like exercises as well as yoga postures.

Go to the DDPY site and look at clips and see how you like them.

HTH.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calisthenics, ddp, ddp yoga, james knight, somatic yoga