Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-17-13, 07:50 AM  
dnna

love Strong Strides- it is very hard, advanced. There are two practices but you can pick and choose. If Winsor Buns and Thighs gets "easy" then try Strong Strides. it is tough!
other pilates favorites:
Trudie Styler:Core Strength Pilates- this is so dreamy with James D'silva voice over, beautiful. I use it on very low key days and just melt into the workout-
Jules Benson:Total Core Pilates:another hypnotic workout, you want to do it over and over.Now I am going to do it today,lol
ellen Barret Crunch Deluke Pilates workout collection- 3 workouts, when yu feel llike you can't do a workout, you will be glad to have this in your collection-30 minutes, you did something, and ellen is delightful
Andrea Metcalf:Keeping Fit Pilates, availabe as a single dvd or in a 3 dvd compilation- with Strength and cardio. this feel like a very good, complete workout, around 45 minutes head to toe. very pleasant instructor. I keep thinking she is Susan Dey.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-13, 04:17 PM  
DejaDeb

** REQUESTED **

I have Trudy Styler's Core Strength Pilates -- and anyone who wants it can have it for an SASE!
Old 10-18-13, 07:02 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

So much of this depends on your pilates style preferences. There are a lot of great pilates dvds out there but I have discovered I am a purist. I really like classical routines in a certain progression, without a lot of fusion moves built in. Think Ana Caban or Classical Pilates. But other people prefer more blended workouts. Nothing wrong with either but definitely different styles.
Old 10-18-13, 09:50 AM  
DejaDeb

I do like Pilates for Dummies -- she demonstrates the moves and modifications, but not in a way that slows you down.
Old 10-18-13, 10:22 AM  
Aunt Famous

I am pretty certain that I have Pilates for Dummies -- no case. If anyone wants it, holler, and I'll check and send it to you for SASE.

*REQUESTED*

AF
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jules benson, lisa watson, pilates ball, pilates for dummies, strong stride