Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-11, 11:51 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Announcement: changes to tag system

Because of abuse of VF's thread tagging system, I have made the following changes (assuming they are set up correctly). From now on, VF Supporters and moderators can tag threads as usual, but other registered members may tag only their own threads.

If that does not solve the problem of tag abuse, I will change it again to allow only the original thread starter or a moderator to tag a thread. I hope I don't have to do that, because with a much more limited group of people tagging threads, it will significantly reduce the number of threads that will be accurately tagged.

Tags are meant to make searches easier and more productive by describing the content of the thread. I am extremely disappointed that some people have repeatedly used tags in inappropriate ways (notably as commentary on fellow members posting in a thread) despite many warnings, because it makes VF a less pleasant place as well as one that is more difficult to find relevant information.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Last edited by WWWendy; 06-27-11 at 05:36 AM. Reason: clarity
Closed Thread

Tags
former sticky