Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-11, 12:22 PM  
enduranceron

Quote:
Thrift shopping, heck all shopping, is mega competitive where I live. Or there are too many vf types around.
With all others I see from CT (my state) on here, I'm surprised it isn't that way for me.....

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 02:05 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I've had a slide since they came out. My favorite cheap one was the one that came with Kim Alexis's VHS. I had a Reebok for a few minutes (bought new on closeout from a Reebok outlet) and hated it. It wasn't slick enough, and it was too long for me. After my Kim slide's bumpers fell apart, I discovered that slides were no longer available in stores. I was very new to online shopping, but found one that I still have and love. I got it from a Canadian hockey sport company - I have no connection except as a customer. http://www.mrassist.com It is 8 feet, adjustable to 3 different settings. I keep it on the shortest which is slightly less than 5 feet. This slide's bumpers are set at an angle, which Mr. Assist says is ergonomically better than straight.

Here are the VHSs I have (or * used to have):
Reebok instructional with Nancy Kerrigan*
Reebok Basic Training with Kathy Stevens
CIA 7002
CIA 5004
CIA 9703 with Heather Day --is this really on DVD now???
Tight Assets Body Slide with Andre Houle
Slide to the Side with Andre Houle*
The Cardio Leg Workout with Linda McHugh
Sliding into Shape introduced by Cheryl Ladd, led by Sandy Lewis
Advanced Sliderobics with Heather Day (I had another of hers, forget the title, it might've been Sliderobics)
Slim Slide with Kim Alexis
Nike Total Body Conditioning with Donna Richardson, Andre Houle, and Alison Love (note that Nike has another VHS with the same title, but with diferent exercisers and no slide)
Advanced Step & Slide with Liz Dyer
Ultra Sliding with Sandy Lewis

This VHS by Tamilee is not for slide, but could be done with a slide or gliding discs - Toning Mind & Body

I am SO hoping that Beyond Barre puts out a DVD.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-11, 04:39 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I'm not sure if it's still there but last year Shape Magazine did a whole section of workouts for the slide, it was very good and challenging
I would like to find this article - anyone have it or know how to find it?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 06:12 PM  
Breezy Trousers

If anyone buys about the BeyondBarre slide, please post your thoughts. I love sliding. I owned a Perform Beter slide that was rather "rough" around the edges, but my heartbeat was racing after just one minute -- and I was a serious runner back then! I regret that I got rid of it for something more refined looking, because there was no comparison. It certainly was much, much better than the Reebok slide, which I've also owned.

I would be willing to spend good money on the BeyondBarre if it was truly slippery enough. The low-impact cardio is incomparable.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 10:54 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I would like to find this article - anyone have it or know how to find it?
I PM you the information you're requestingBTW this is one of my favorite workouts for the slide
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 11:10 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I still have the original Reebok slide and booties.
I still have mine, too! I remember buying every slide video I could find, and quickly losing interest in the whole idea. I even had the slide video with Cheryl Ladd that came with the first (cheapie) slide I bought before I got the Reebok one.
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide board