Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-10, 07:17 AM  
kat_b

Are slide boards back? (YEAH!)

Is it just me, or are they showing up on a lot of etailer home pages?

That has me so happy because I love my board (unearthed it when moving recently) and just bought a new VCR for my home gym so I could play my Slide videos. Are any available on DVD?
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 10:30 AM  
TinaT

This would be awesome. I tried it once and loved it but couldn't find much in the way of workouts. Reebok put one out a long time ago on VHS.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 12:55 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

CIA had a few slide board videos too. I don't know if it's back but Biggest Loser had it on their last show. They had a challenge to see who can slide from one end to the other 500 times the fastest. I think they featured it because J.R., the U.S. speed skater who just won a bronze, was a guest and the slide board is similar to skating.
Old 02-17-10, 01:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_b View Post
Is it just me, or are they showing up on a lot of etailer home pages?
which ones?

i found my slide board at a thrift store - Savers. net cost was $5 (i had a coupon) and it came with everything in the original box except the vhs video, which i found a few years later. the brand i have has Cheryl Ladd on it. in the corresponding video, i think she appears in the intro, but the video itself is taught by Sandy Lewis. the title is Sliding into Shape.

i have several, including the CIA (Christi Taylor), Donna Richardson, Kim Alexis, Reebok, Andre Houle.

i'm always checking the thrift store for the Denise Austin one - anyone have it? i think it was issued with the board, and it was manufactured by Bollinger. It may be in a pink, turqoise and white cardboard sleeve, or just plain white. if anyone knows the title, i'd appreciate that too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 01:16 PM  
kat_b

Ah. OK, that explains it.

I think I have most every worthwhile VHS. But it would be great to have a DVD.
Old 02-17-10, 01:19 PM  
kat_b

I can't remember where I was yesterday, but I was looking for TRX deals and slide boards were on at least two different home pages.
Old 02-17-10, 01:20 PM  
trishthedish

Ha! We used to have one of those at my parents house...wonder if they still have it...hmmmm. I did see it on the BL this week, so it was in the front of my mind the past week too. Would be fun to try one of those again!
Old 02-17-10, 01:58 PM  
Rhonda

I have one and never use it. I used it a few times when I first got it and then never picked it up again. I should challenge myself to do what they did on BL and try to hit the sides 500 times. I probably would lose count. Not sure why I stopped using it. Guess it was hard

I just may pull it out again this week.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 11:18 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Wow, just catapulted in memory back to one of the worst cases of DOMS in my life. I had no idea there was some sort of muscle that connected the tops of your inner thighs til I didnt pay attention to the caution to build up slowly on the darn slide. Whee...wheee...wheeee...OUCH!

Pam
(I'll drag mine out if the rest of you do!)
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 11:38 PM  
Just_Jo

I have one of these! DH bought it years ago and I always wanted to get rid of it because I used it once and he never does. I'm glad we kept it, because I also found the video that came with it. I think it's the Kim Alexis--is that the model? I'll have to bring it up to my workout room a.k.a. the living room and give it a try! I bet my son would love it.

Thanks for piqueing my memory.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide board, slide boards, sliding