Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-01-02, 11:48 AM  
fitafrica

Thumbs up I knew I could count on you!

Thank you all for your suggestions! I'm so excited about giving kickboxing a real try! Thanks especially on suggestions for where to buy and how to break the workout down -- mentally and physically. I'm off to Collage and CKSales!
Old 09-01-02, 11:56 AM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Cathe!

The only kickbox tape I like is the Kickbox tape from Cathe's CTX series. I've tried Aaron Lankford & Kathy Smith & they just don't do it for me. I do kickboxing for the exercise, not to become a kickboxer, if that makes any sense. I feel like Cathe's kickbox tape is a more my style. There is a lot of high impact in this tape but I modify the high impact sections by jumping on my rebounder. You also get some great bicep exercises and abs! The tape is available now separately so you don't have to buy the entire series. There are video clips of this tape at http://www.cathe.com
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-02, 01:57 PM  
fitafrica

I'm still trying to decide ...

I can't get video clips of Todd Gheisar or Aaron Langford on Collage. Are they available anywhere else? My problem, as other people have pointed out, is that I feel that the moves in Tae-Bo and Kathy Smith are too fast. I need to have the form down before I want to go really faster. And frankly, I feel silly throwing punches willy-nilly. I want to learn to control the moves.

I want to learn to kickbox but am not really sure that you can actually learn this from a tape (can you?). So, I guess for now, I'd like to use kickbox for exercise. Mostly, I want to round out my fitness routine with other cardio/toning exercises.
Old 09-01-02, 06:48 PM  
horsemom2

speed

the TaeBo Live instructional is very slow
and I do the workouts at halftime, skipping all doubletimes,
cuz it is intense enough for me at a slower speed and half the reps

Barb S
who loves the music even at halftime
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-02, 06:55 PM  
vivian

My first kickboxing tape was Stephanie Steele Knockout workout which I Love . Thanks to her I got hooked on kickboxing and really get it . Although many see it as an instructional video you do get a pretty good workout if you keep moving in place while she explains next move . Not too fast to be intimidating and has really good cuing . I think you might like it .
Hope this helps
vivian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
katalin zamiar