Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-06, 03:09 PM  
kristieschultz

question about seasun zeiger

I have been reading about Seasun and am considering trying one of her dvds. How would you compare her choreography to cathe. I picked up rhythimic step and step blast pretty easier but typically do not like my workouts to be much more complex than that. Could anyone tell me with of Seasuns dvds would be the least complex and how they compare to cathe.

thanks much.
kristieschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 03:16 PM  
naturallove

I have tried Rock Steady Step in the past and from what I remember, her stuff is more complex than Cathe's. Cathe's stuff tends to be more athletic. However, I do think Seasun's cueing and breakdowns are better, which makes learning the choreography a bit easier. Thanks for reminding me what to put on my DDD sale wish list!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 03:18 PM  
pharma_gal

Kristie,

I recently discovered Seasun and Im so glad I did..Her workouts are fun..

As for step workouts, I was doing Cathe exclusively and she is the reason y i started loving step so much...I can pick up Cathe's choreo in 1-2 tries.

Seasun's choreo a wee bit more complex (excluding the next step which is very complex)..Her workouts are very fun and she breaks down the combos..Thts y I did not like Amy Bento's step as thr was no breakdown at all (although I love her other workouts)..ok back to Seasun..I would say Straight up step and Rock, steady step are almost in par in terms of choreo , RSS is slightly longer and less tifting since the 2 sections r totally separate..may be SUS is slightly easier...but I would recommend to start with RSS since thr is also an ab workout on the DVD which is prett neat..If u can do Cathe, Im sure u can do SUS and RSS...Of course..if u want to get a hang of Seasun, u could always try her new bosu blast workout on a step..i use this workout with a high step and having done RSS and SUS...the choreo was quite simple to pick up and a lot of fun..Let me no if u have any more questions.

Rooha.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 03:18 PM  
chelbell

dancey

I love both Seasun's and Cathe's workouts. I have Rock Steady Step and The Next Step, but not Seasun's latest. Based on those two, I would say the choreo is more complex than Cathe's. It's more dancey and less athletic. But I love that because it's not a tape you get bored with after a few tries. So if you're up for a challenge maybe try Seasun, but if Cathe is really maxing out your complex choreo factor, maybe skip it. I wonder if collage or her website has a video clip you could check out.
chelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 03:21 PM  
mj476

Seasun's choreography is more complex than Cathe's but she goes through the combos quite a few times. I would definitely suggest watching it through once or twice before trying it. It was a little frustrating at first but it was a lot of fun doing it. I like the challenge of complex choreography. I've only done Rock Steady Step but I do plan on getting her other workouts. I hear Straight Up Step is a bit less complex than RSS and The Next Step.

Marcy
mj476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 04:07 PM  
marmact

Don't like Seasun personally...

I only had to preview Rock Steady Step to know it was not for me. I love Cathe and Christi step and enjoy choreographed workouts but found this one needlessly complex and poorly cued. Also, the background exercisers are always out of sync with her and I personally found that distracting. I did hear from other people that her newer stuff is much better done, so you may want to start with her latest releases rather than her oldest.

Good luck!
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-06, 05:53 PM  
mtnmom

I have RSS and her latest, Straight Up Step. RSS is full of fast-tempo moves and turns. There are still some turns on RSS that I can't do. I thought SUS was much easier to learn. It does have some rhythm changes (syncopated moves) but Seasun starts with basic repeaters and you can stick with that. So even though I wasn't doing what Seasun was doing, I felt I had a good workout and was doing something so basic (and facing the TV) that I could see what she was doing for the next go-round.
Old 06-01-06, 07:45 AM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Seasun has grown on me, but I find her choreography a lot harder to pick up than Cathe's. I got rid of Rock Steady Step because it just seemed like too much of a pain to learn, and I didn't like her cueing. I eventually got The Next Step, which was easier to learn and quite fun. (Also has one of the best Ab sections I've ever tried!) My impression is that her newest one is also easier to learn than RSS was, so you might try it to start.

How do you feel about Christi Taylor? I think that if you've tried Christi and didn't like learning her choreo at all, you probably shouldn't try Seasun's step. (Others may disagree!)
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-06, 09:17 AM  
AngiTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyW
How do you feel about Christi Taylor? I think that if you've tried Christi and didn't like learning her choreo at all, you probably shouldn't try Seasun's step. (Others may disagree!)
I agree totally. Was going to post that I find her more like Chrisi Taylor than Cathe for sure. I like the way Seasun layers her moves so you can choose to take the complexity as far as you want to go, which may or may not be as complex as she gets. Christi does something similar.
Old 06-01-06, 01:56 PM  
kristieschultz

thanks so much for all of your comments. I might have to give her a try. her clips look wonderful. thanks.
kristieschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seasun zieger