Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-04, 01:08 PM  
Kathy
VF Supporter

Pam Cauthen-Merriweathers New Workout

Can't remember the exact name but it is the Total Body workout she just did. It is a great little workout and only uses the sculpting stick. The stick will fit in many medium sized suitcases.

Yoga is always an option..choices there are endless.

If you want to bring your stability ball and pump, there are the ball workouts you can do as well.

For me, it depends how long the trip is going to be....if it is going to be longer than a week, I am usually more willing to bring more gear. For 1-3 days, I usually bring my walking tapes and use the treadmill in the fitness facility.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-04, 01:12 PM  
Kathy
VF Supporter

Fitness SUite

Have you all heard of a new offering by some hotels where you can access workouts on a channel of their TV. I read a blurb in a fitness magazine (but can't remember the specifics).

What I do remember is that some of Christi Taylors workouts (Hi Lo Heaven I believe) will be offerred.

Maybe someone knows more info on this??
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-04, 03:19 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima
I had posted another thread, but maybe this is a better place to ask.

Has anyone tried the Gaiam/Living Arts Pilates Bodyband travel kit? It comes with a CD, but there's also a bodyband video.
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=680247
I have this kit, but I have to admit that I haven't tried it yet!

It comes with three bodybands (different resistance levels). These are flat, thin bands, not tubing with handles. The CD case contains a fold-out poster that illustrates and explains the exercises. I think that the descriptions in the poster are sufficient if you have Pilates and strength training experience. Most of the exercises will be familiar, except the band is added or used in place of dumbbells. Since I haven't used the CD yet, I'm not sure how easy it is to follow the workout with audio-only cues.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-04, 03:02 PM  
KickDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenevieve
I also like PHH for travel. I mainly pack DVDs that not only require little to no equipment, but those that also have multiple workouts on one DVD. Most Quick Fixes work pretty well, I find.
What other DVDs do you take with you that satisfy all of these constraints? I'm definitely a fan of multi-layered DVDs with multiple hours' worth of workouts on them. I'd bring Cathe DVDs for this reason if they didn't all (almost all, anyway) require a step of some sort.
KickDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
katalin zamiar, travel workouts