Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-15-19, 07:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Didn't end up stretching or rolling Friday and then somehow hurt my ankle. Yesterday we got up at 5 and drove a couple hours north for a flea market and tractor show with my father-in-law. The weather was really nice for it this year (last year it was over 90 degrees ) although it was a real mud fest. Walked the dogs before supper but I was lazy and didn't do 3rd walks last night. The Twins swept a doubleheader with the Indians so I am stoked!

I altered my workout schedule (again). I hope I can make myself follow it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 10:29 AM  
MathTeacher

I was planning to do with Body Pump with my co-workers this month. It caused my sciatica to flare up so I am back to Callanetics. It suits my old body quite well.
Old 09-15-19, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

MT, isn't it interesting how we're all different? Callanetics caused a sciatic and SIJ flare up for me (plus made me cranky) so I gave them all to my mom. I also don't like the Classical Stretch workouts I tried as they caused back pain, but I do like Essentrics!

I know my SI joints are going to complain this week pulling out all the Halloween tubs and hauling them upstairs.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-16-19, 01:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Today's to-do list

Wash car DONE
Vacuum, sweep DONE and scrub floors STARTED IN LAUNDRY ROOM...TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT CUTS THROUGH DOG DROOL!
Train dogs CYRIC'S 1ST WALK, 3 MIN TOGETHER
TM hills, 2 mile run DONE, yoga STRETCH DONE

Old 09-17-19, 07:07 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday morning I washed my car before I lost shade, which meant it was too hot and sunny to run after that. I made myself run 2 miles last night though (was still 79 degrees and 74% humidity, ugh!) and then stretched after I took care of the dogs (Cyric walk, Chianna out to do her business). The run felt good despite the weather. I hadn't run since last Tuesday! Trying to get back on track.

Today I plan to put up my Halloween village finally! Ironic that I'll be turning on the AC to do it. I've been wanting to put it up but keep feeling like I haven't done my chores enough but today I don't care! This way I can enjoy it as I move around the house cleaning. That's my story.

Today's to-do list

Vacuum
Dust DONE
Halloween village!
Bike DONE, weights MESSED UP AND DID CARDIO, yoga DONE

Old 09-17-19, 11:48 PM  
Vantreesta

I started with 10 minutes on the bike this morning. Thanks to the recent Karen Voight thread, I pulled out Slim Physique and did the cardio and abs plus the yoga stretch. I forgot how great this stretch is! This was a good way to spend part of the morning even though I goofed on the DVD and was supposed to do weights today. Oh well, at least I worked out!

Old 09-18-19, 03:57 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, The HHT has been nagging me to learn more about the hamstrings. I had no idea the hammies attached to the sit bones. I don't know what I thought exactly, just ignorant of the body though. That tendon tear you had must have been incredibly painful. I couldn't even sit on my right cheek much just with how tight the tendons had become, cannot imagine it being worse. I have freed it up some recently and I'm really not sure how. I wish I knew but I tried a variety of different things and I'm not sure what worked the best.

Sherry, I especially liked the video clip on the pelvic tilt. I'm going to try the towel and see how I'm doing for effectiveness.

MT, I wish I could do Callenetics too but just did not work for me. I'm glad it works for you.

Hello to Scarlett, pop in when you can!

We've had company for the last week so I've been working on laundry, etc. today mixed with exercises here n there.

Our leaves have turned very quickly. I don't remember it happening this early last year or so and looked at some old photos. We are maybe 5 days early. I don't want it to go too fast.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 10:43 PM  
Leonana

I walked Chica this morning, did some yard work and house work, and Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Tone and Flow.

I've never tried Callentics. Pilates, the floor ab work, always hurts my lower back. But yoga works well for me.

Our highs are supposed to drop down to the 90's on Friday, which is our fall weather. I'm looking forward to it. It's been in the 70's when I walk Chica around 6:30-7:00 in the morning, and it's been really nice. One morning was 71, and I actually was cold, lol.
Old 09-21-19, 01:30 PM  
Vantreesta

I did run 6.07 mi last night. Go me! It was still icky out at 6:45, 82 degrees, 87 real feel, I think 65% humidity. Ugh. Listening to baseball makes everything more bearable though so I got it done! I don't think a long run 3 hours before going to bed is the best thing for my body though. My hip, glutes and hamstrings as well as my lower shin/front ankle were hurting enough I got up at 2:30 to take Aleve. ( I only take smthg when the pain gets really bad!) I did YFR from memory plus extra hip and ITB stretches and a little foam rolling while I finished watching the game.

I need to go back and watch the links Sherry posted as I had forgotten about them. One thing with Pilates, the C curve stuff bugs my lower back too so I often use my barre3 ball to help support it. I think having anterior pelvic tilt makes tuck or C curve especially uncomfortable since it's so opposite to where my back is most of the time.

Katie, the torn hamstring and hip stuff was probably the most pain I've had in my life. There were nights I had to sleep on my stomach with my shin propped against a pile of pillows in order to keep my knee bent so the hamstring didn't have any stretch or pull. I had to stand at work bc it hurt too bad to sit. When I could sit I had to do it on an ice pack. I did that so long and often that it eventually created a dip in the work chair! It was miserable and I never want to go through it again. It's good you're trying to address the HHT now so hopefully you won't go through what I did. When I was in PT she said a strong core can also help protect that attachment.

Old 09-21-19, 06:39 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, the pilates ball helps me too. Now that I think about it, I know some people have posted they can't do the pelvic tilt. I followed the video and tried her suggestion to do it while sitting, while I was watching the video. It made my lower back hurt. Maybe it's not for everyone?

It's finally cooled off here, it's in the high 90's for a high, high 60's for a low. I'm enjoying it. Although, something is blooming again, my allergies are coming back. But I'll take the cooler weather anyway, lol.