Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-19, 11:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the warm welcome!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 05:48 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was about 10 minutes of Jenny Ford’s Dance Walk but then she started doing some squats and stuff. Not what I wanted so I switched to her Zion March Quickie Walk then her Upper Body workout. All were on YouTube. Later in the afternoon I went for about a 35 minute walk.

JBliff - I will be getting a mammogram in October too.

Gibbee - I have not done PS anything in ages. I should do them soon.

Waves Karen & Vannie!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 07:11 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Gibbee - The chest is feeling a little better. I'm going to give upper body a rest until the end of the week.

Cher
- The forward tilt makes all the difference to how your glutes feel. I haven't done PS in forever either.

Waves to everyone. Have a great day.
JBliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 08:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all! Welcome Vannie! So nice to have you aboard.

I ran 3 miles yesterday and today is a rest day. We all agreed 3 miles was enough. Seems like we all had sore legs.

Vannie I ruck with the local chapter of GORUCK. I carry 20# and with a 3 liter water bladder for longer rucks it is about 28#. I use a weight plate designed for that Check out their GORuck website sometime. It is based on Special Forces training but we don’t carry anywhere near the weight they carry.

Gibbee would love to see you anytime! Chris and I are psyching up for Daytona.
I think you would enjoy rucking on one of our beautiful trails.

Jbliff glad your chest is a bit better. We are supposed to
Have a 2 day respite from the heat from the rain.

Cher hoping your DH does not have
to go to jury duty after working all night his first night back.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 05:37 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was was JS Latin Spicy Walk from her YouTube channel and the Dance Walk and Stretch from her 10 Minute dvd.

DH does have to go to jury duty today. He went to bed as soon as he got home at 3:30 am and has to get up at 7 am. I’m going to drive him since it’s very hard to find parking in the city where our county courthouse is. But, it’s near my mom’s so I’m going to go to her house after I drop him off and go for a walk with her to this nice big park by her house.

Waves to all!
Old 09-19-19, 10:32 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes. Ugh, all the punching in the cardio portion aggravated my chest again. Sigh. It seems like your chest muscles are involved in everything you do.

Cher
- Bummer Darrell had to go in. Enjoy your walk. Are you having good weather these days?

Karjoy - We're not getting any rain here until October so it'll be bone dry. The river here is already very low.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day.
JBliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 08:36 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: Sorry to hear it's still bothering you. So frustrating.

Check in: Yesterday was Rev'd UP Rumble and today was Timesaver premix 4 from Lite PHA 2 (1A+2A+1B)

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 05:25 AM  
Cher

After dropping Darrell off for jury duty yesterday, I went to my mom’s and we went for over an hour walk in the large park near her house. It was nice. About 10 minutes after we got back, Darrell called and said he was already done and could leave. Yay! I picked him up and we went out to breakfast and ran a few errands so we wouldn’t have to do them today.

Today I have my yearly gynecologist appt. Ugh, always freaks me out that she will find something wrong.

JBliff - We have been having temps in the upper 70’s. Really just perfect weather. Today and tomorrow is supposed to creep into the low 80’s. Is FS Boxing the one where she starts the warm-up punching really fast right off the bat? I thought that was crazy and never did that warm-up again.
Old 09-20-19, 06:29 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Cher:Must be the day for check ups. I have a physical today. I never know if it will turn into an annual because the medical community is so darned mixed up on whether you need a pap post-hysterectomy or not. I still have a cervix, so... why wouldn't I need one at least every couple of years? Mammo is later in Oct. Fun.

Check in:Warm up from rev'd up rumble, icy core 1 (about 2/3 of it), LITE bonus stretch 1. Brief foam rolling. Achy in the neck/upper back w/a headache. SO very, very ready for the weekend.

Waves!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 09:34 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys! I am off to a GORuck event in Jacksonville, Fl, this afternoon and likely won’t be able to post tomorrow. This is a longish event so I have rested since Tuesday.

Jbliff sorry the punching got those chest muscles sore again. Maybe you can lay off upper body a bit longer.

Cher I am glad that Darrell didn’t have to stay all day for jury duty after being up all night. I’d be falling asleep. Nice that you got to walk with your Mom.

Gibbee good luck with your physical today!

Hi Vannie! Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote