Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-19, 02:10 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Hi, Cheryl, I agree with Cheri. I have found Pilates Nest and Pilates by Lisa to be the most supportive. I'm too new to Jessica Valant yet to see how she is, but she seems very active on Facebook and genuinely caring.

Cheri, I'm sorry you couldn't be with your family for the funeral, that's hard. ((hugs))
she is very active now because today, Wednesday is the last day of her 10 day trial. Next is to scoop up the new comers. She went big into her advertisement. She was on youtube, and on facebook quite frequently.

Do they buy days at a time on youtube to get that ad posted every time you go there. . Some days it's all Dherbs and some days it's all something else.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 02:27 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
Gotta be quick...

[
Cheryl, hi and welcome to the group!
thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Hello,

Walk
Faithful workouts: Stretch & Tone

Cheri, yes, Jessica is very active in her Facebook group!

Cheryl, if you are on the fence, I believe Jessica's site and the Pilates Nest are the same monthly fee, $19/mo.

Brenda, congrats to your son!

I wish someone would answer me on these sites. Ya, I expect too much, like help lol

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-18-19, 04:19 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post

Yes I am on the fence. This is very labor intense as I’m trying to see who lets you cancel when you want

Who does true Pilates

Who uses equipment

Who’s available
As far as I know, you can cancel your subscription to any of the streaming sites anytime you want. It's just Robin Long and Jessica Valant who have closed memberships, meaning you can only join certain times of the year.

I personally feel that Robin Long and Pilates Nest have the most classical type of Pilates. Jessica has a classical feel too, but she also incorporates non-classical workouts like HIIT, barre and weight training. As we mentioned, Pilates by Lisa also has more non-traditional moves with high reps.

From my experience, they all have at least a few workouts that use the magic circle or light weights. Pilates by Lisa also has reformer workouts, as well as the ball and magic circle. I know Jessica Valant has quite a few equipment workouts with the circle, ball, resistance band and weights.

I'm not sure how much availability you're looking for, but Pilates by Lisa and Pilates Nest are very supportive, as we said, as well as Jessica being very active in her Facebook group. I never tried to contact Robin so I'm not sure.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 04:22 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

very helpful.

any thought on Pilates Any time

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-18-19, 05:43 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I have never subscribed to Pilates Anytime but i think they probably have a good variety of workouts and a mix of instructors, so that may be nice so you could try out different styles of Pilates and different instructors. The variety and choices may be overwhelming though!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 06:22 PM  
cherimac

Hi!

PN Strengthen, Stretch and Sculpt .

Brenda -Congratulations!

Donna and Christine-thank you.

Cheryl-it seemed like Pilates Anytime was zero support. You can email but not much instructor interaction. I find it a bit dry and overwhelming, personally, but others love it.

Hi, Donna.
Old 09-18-19, 07:18 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post

Cheryl-it seemed like Pilates Anytime was zero support. You can email but not much instructor interaction. I find it a bit dry and overwhelming, personally, but others love it.
I agree 100% on Pilates Anytime. It ought to be great, but it seemed more geared towards instructors than regular folks. And it is overwhelming!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 07:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Cheryl,

One advantage - Robin (The Balanced Life) and Smriti (Pilates Nest) both allow you to download their workouts to keep.

Pilates By Lisa and Jessica Valant Pilates do not allow that.

Carol
Old 09-19-19, 06:00 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

SBF - Stretch 5 - 25 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Neck Tension & Pain Relief - 10 minutes; 30 Day Posture Makeover - Day 5 - 5 minutes

I enjoyed the SBF Stretch, but it was more challenging than I remembered. I guess that says volumes about my flexibility these days.

Busy day ahead ~

Cheryl As for equipment being used in videos, when I last subscribed to Robin's site - probably last year - she didn't have as many videos that used props as I would have liked. Lisa has tons of them; Smriti has a good number considering that she doesn't have as much content as the others. I didn't do enough of Jessica's to remember.

Carol
Old 09-19-19, 09:20 AM  
cherimac

Fly-by. PN Balance & Flexibility Ball Workout. Off to work!