Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What level exerciser are you currently?
Low Beginner 4 3.39%
Beginner 9 7.63%
High Beginner 10 8.47%
Low Intermediate 10 8.47%
Intermediate 37 31.36%
High Intermediate 22 18.64%
Low Advanced 10 8.47%
Advanced 10 8.47%
High Advanced 1 0.85%
I don't know! 5 4.24%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-19, 08:14 AM  
marki64

I guess it depends what I am doing. Strength: probably more high intermediate. Cardio: more on the advanced level. I am really pleased that I can still "bring it" with the young ones. In my 30's, I would never thought I would still be doing the same type of workouts that I am doing today. I still love a good cardio and strength challenge. No wimpy workouts for me.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:54 AM  
Garrie A.

I rated myself low advanced, but really range between high intermediate and low advanced.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 10:55 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyhop View Post
i've no idea.

I have been rebuilding my strength over and over for ages, and only seem to have made some headway since i started working out strictly within my limits and doing everything i can to simply be consistent every day with something.

me too Illness set me back, life set me back, job sent me back, so I have yet to get past beginner.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 11:00 AM  
red1013

Cardio: high beginner
Weights: low advanced
Yoga/flexibility: somewhere in the middle
Old 09-17-19, 11:24 PM  
Sand

I think I fall into intermediate for most of the workouts that I like. But I fall into beginner for workouts that are completely new to me.

I find dance based workouts to be fun so, that comes easier to me. Where my sister doesn't like them at all and they take a lot of effort for her. She loves HIIT workouts and I can't do those at all.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 06:08 AM  
geojill

As much as I hate to say it, I’m a good solid beginner again. I have struggled with getting regular workouts in, and this year I have been working on a masters in addition to working full time. Before work is too early as I leave the house around 6:30 or so and tend not to sleep well so I have zero energy in the morning. And I come home from work and do schoolwork, even though I know I would benefit from exercise and it would get some blood to my brain to help with schoolwork!

On a positive note, I changed jobs in May and now I get 10k steps every weekday as I walk outside twice a day on my breaks. I really want to get back to regular exercise but seem to have a mental block with it, even when it comes to Jessica Smith, who I love. Not sure what to do about that though.
Old 09-18-19, 06:42 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

It says I can't vote in this poll??

If I were to vote, I'd say 'Intermediate' because I generally vary from Low Intermediate to High Intermediate. I may reach 'Low Advanced' in some of the KCM workouts I do, but I'd put 'Intermediate' on my name tag at the convention.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 11:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
It says I can't vote in this poll??...
That's strange. I wonder why???

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 12:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I tried to vote "Intermediate" and it says I already voted....huh?!

Anyway, I'm mostly intermediate but it depends on the category of workouts.

With Cardio, I'm very much a beginner at step, complex and dance-y workouts. I also abhor anything high-impact, so will usually stick to walking (but I like the variety in a Jessica walk over a Leslie walk.)

With Weights, I'd always choose that over cardio. I love weight training of any kind! Even though I have a massive collection of advanced and intermediate workouts, nowadays I tend to stick to intermediate. I still have a ton of kettlebell workouts that I would like to add back in, at some point.

With Yoga, I tend to stick to beginner and intermediate workouts, though I've backed off somewhat to do more gentle, restorative yoga due to age or injury. I sort of miss Travis and Eoin but haven't worked out to them in a long while.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-19, 12:47 PM  
sciencelady

Sigh... I'm a beginner now. I used to be advanced doing cycling, circus, yoga, kettlebells and strength exercising, but with retirement, losing my gym, and getting an artificial knee, I'm back to beginner. Right now I can walk about 4-5 miles a day, but stopped kettlebells about two months ago due to joint issues. Haven't been on my bike all summer, nor doing anything more cardio than walking. I can't kneel on the new knee, so yoga is out other than chair yoga and circus aerials where you hang from knees is out. I'm hoping to get back to doing some kettlebell videos at home this fall. It's humbling, but I'm still here!
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness levels