Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-19, 04:21 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I hope you’re wrong, Dorothy, because I think exercise is more important than ever as we age, especially for things like flexibility and balance. I let those things slide when I was younger, but not any more.
ITA Gams. I’m headed toward 64 and love exercise as much if not more than when I was younger. It’s a real priority for me because it keeps me moving and keeps my body pain free. I’d be a real mess without regular exercise. It’s funny, I do take rest days but after two in a row my body isn’t as comfortable as it is after an exercise day!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 07:00 PM  
Scorpio6

I am happily re-discovering Tamilee Webb and Denise Austin, both DVDs as well as the books that go with the DVDs. Real gold there, and someday they won't be making any more DVDs and will retire from teaching.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 11:48 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I'm 43 and I found VF back in 2000 (so 19 years of reading and posting!) I live in Silicon Valley and work in a "big tech" company (14 years thus far) so am supposedly in the middle of the bleeding edge of stuff. However, I've been collecting DVDs for almost two decades and to this day, I still insist that my work-issued laptop can connect to an external DVD drive and that I have DVD playing software on it (requires a bit of finagling with the IT department) just so I can use my rich collection of DVDs I'm not opposed to streaming but it just doesn't make that much economic sense for me -- much as I love Cathe and KCM, I have 80% (or 90%!) of what they've put out that I'll use and I love the premixes on their DVDs. On the days when I workout at the company gym, I'll pick the routines that don't require premixes to be done quick and easy with dumbbells and/or kettlebells (so something on YouTube that fits or any number of my DVDs without premix awesomeness that I've uploaded onto a private YouTube channel). I love Jessica Smith's YouTube channel! Aside from some yoga stuff there, that's all I need to supplement my (vast) collection of DVDs.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvds versus streaming, vintage workouts