Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-17, 08:37 AM  
momofcha

Yes, I am a sucker. Yes, I have a birthday coming up and they are an early bday gift. Here are my thoughts on the two I did today:

I started with Bikini Bootcamp w/ Leeze - I liked her as an instructor a lot. The workout was very inner thigh intensive (not a bad thing) and I burned about 177 calories in the 20 minutes. Despite not having done any cardio in a long time, I felt like I needed more. I definitely feel worked, but not wiped.
Butt Camp w/ Brooke automatically started playing before I could shut it off, so I decided I would add that on. LOVED this one. I've always liked Brooke and this was no different. Very different moves and I know my glutes will be feeling it later.

I like how the workouts flow. They are not super fast paced like the previous DB offerings. I still love the original and a few from the cardio series - like others, I wasn't a huge fan of the Sweat Lab set.

As many of you know I deal with thyroid issues and energy issues so I have been doing much less intense workouts for the past year or so. I haven't even lifted heavy in months. I finally feel like my energy is stabilized for the most part and everything I've been reading has been that HiiT workouts are good - short, but intense - but not often. I've been doing HDM blitz workouts for about 2 months now and I them. My saddlebags have all but disappeared. Even Hamelin says himself that while doing the blitz workouts you need some high intense workouts sprinkled in. I am not a fan of HDM high impact workouts, so figured that these DB would fit the bill - especially at the lengths they are. More than likely I will do Erica's tabata one only once, I'm not a fan of hers to begin with and upon preview it looks intense - too intense for me right now. I'm digressing, but a little background on me.

Now, the DB workouts as I started to say, start off with the instructor doing the move once and then everyone jumping in. They are not crazy paced like before, but as usual, there is zero warm up. For the two I've done, you basically go through one side, then repeat everything on the other, so there is no need for mirror cueing per se, and I don't get confused as to which leg you're working. They are very easy to follow and the moves are very creative and fun. Many of the moves I have never seen before, and I definitely felt them working. I do think I will have some DOMs creeping in later.

The back right person shows a modification once or twice, but then usually does the regular move. I typically always modify and this was no different. If you have to modify you pretty much know how to do so without them showing you. I wasn't bothered by the lack of modifiying because I know what I need to do.

There was some nice stretching at the end.
Am I glad about the price? nope. Am I glad I have these? So far. I am very curious what the nutrition component will be like. I guess their "Amp Camp" program is priced similarly for the same type of structure - I agree with Bee though - there is no human contact and interaction (despite the facebook group) and I do feel the price should have been lower, but it is what it is.

Hope this helps. I will try and post my thoughts on the others as I do them, but it will definitely be at a slow pace. I can't do these back to back. Stay tuned....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 09:18 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for the review, Sue! I LOVE Dream Body, and will most likely get these soon -- and may cave on it now.

Sorry to take the thread on a slight detour, but can I ask which HDM Blitz workouts you've been doing to get rid of your saddlebags? Those are my problem area! Thanks!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 11:39 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

bee I also watched Darby's video with the "it's only $25 a month" spin and I agree that might be a great deal for in person classes, but for at home classes it is steep.

Sue I'm excited to hear more about your experience with the new set! I'm glad someone decided to cave hehe. I'm so glad you have been up to a higher energy lately and you are enjoying the HDM workouts!

Thanks for the review of the two workouts you've done so far! How is the music if you don't mind me asking? I was underwhelmed with the recent Bump 2 download as far as the music. I like the music in the first two DVD sets a lot better.

Did Butt Camp have any cardio or was it all toning? I really like Brooke too. I don't think I'm familiar with Leeze. I agree Erica is just okay.
Old 03-30-17, 12:57 PM  
Lilypad

Thanks for the info. I would really love to purchase this set but I just can't afford it right now. Can you tell me how long each of the 8 workouts are? And each workout focuses on a different body part? Thanks for answering my questions.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 01:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Sue, thanks for the report -- I'm glad you are happy to have them! Happy early Birthday! And nice job on the saddle bags!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 03:39 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Workouts are as follows:

HiiT w/ Jos - 26 minutes
Tabata & Toning w/ Erica - 35 minutes
All About Abs w/ Sadie - 26 min
MILF w/ Francie - 31 minutes
YFS w/ Shannon - 26 min (Yoga one)
Bikini Bootcamp w/ Leeze - 20 minutes
Butt Camp w/ Brooke - 28 minutes
Tris & Thighs w/ Liz - 32 minutes
Lilypad - here are the breakdowns

Old 03-30-17, 03:43 PM  
momofcha

[QUOTE=ebianco;2703049
Did Butt Camp have any cardio or was it all toning? I really like Brooke too. I don't think I'm familiar with Leeze. I agree Erica is just okay.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it definitely has a cardio aspect to it.

Old 03-30-17, 05:31 PM  
s2546

Sue thank you so much for your thoughts and reviews. really appreciate it

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 06:21 PM  
Lilypad

[QUOTE=momofcha;2703017]Yes, I am a sucker. Yes, I have a birthday coming up and they are an early bday gift. Here are my thoughts on the two I did today:

I wish I could be a sucker!!!! LOL Thanks for the break down. Just one more question do these also go up down a lot like the previous DB?? Maybe I'll cave when my tax returns come in😜😜
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 06:35 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Sue, thanks for the report -- I'm glad you are happy to have them! Happy early Birthday! And nice job on the saddle bags!!
I am seriously so excited about that! My jeans have a hard time staying up even!

[QUOTE=Lilypad;2703120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Yes, I am a sucker. Yes, I have a birthday coming up and they are an early bday gift. Here are my thoughts on the two I did today:

I wish I could be a sucker!!!! LOL Thanks for the break down. Just one more question do these also go up down a lot like the previous DB?? Maybe I'll cave when my tax returns come in����
I would say yes, but not excessively? I didn't feel like I was going up and down (like burpees or anything) but yes, there are some moves you definitely go down to the floor for.