Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-15, 12:42 PM  
Fidget Queen

Sandra is currently workingvery closely with Callan's family in regards to moving Callanetics forward and recently spent time at Callan's home. Callan also gave her seal of approval before she passed. I've done the streaming since June. The only other methods involved are adding alignment markers and a few stretches based on Feldenkrais. It also emphasizes the need for relaxation in the poses and they give wxcellent form instuction. It isn't very far removed from the original at all, just better form, really.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-15, 04:00 PM  
Tinks

UPDATE: I received another email today saying they're extending it to April 6th. I just wanted to let those who signed up know that you'll get to try it out a little longer.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-15, 04:25 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
UPDATE: I received another email today saying they're extending it to April 6th. I just wanted to let those who signed up know that you'll get to try it out a little longer.
Thanks, I missed this discussion the first time around!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-15, 04:41 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
That's great, I signed up last sunday and have been doing it every day since. I am really enjoying it so far

...I just checked my account and it still says it expires March 30th.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-15, 04:43 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casswoman View Post
There was a very contentious lawsuit between Callan Pinckney and The Callanetics Management Company. After Callan's death, another lawsuit between her family and the CMC continued with the family winning. CMC retains the rights to Callanetics Evolution and CardioCallanetics but all rights to the name, Callanetics, and the original videos has been given to the family.

They are now calling themselves Official Callanetics and have re-released all the original Callanetics videos under this new label. Their website is https://callanetics.com/home. Sandra Hanna and Benjamin Davies are very much involved with the new Callanetics and there has even been talk of new DVDs

Sandra is also trained in Thomas Hanna Somatic Exercises and she has incorporated these into her Callanetics classes. They are wonderful. She is a very good teacher, very inspiring.
I just checked out the website, and did I miss some info somewhere, or are they trying to make it appear as though Callan is still alive? I found it disconcerting to read the little note from Callan, and to see that her bio never mentions that she passed away.

Tags
callanetics evolution, callanetics lawsuit, cardio callanetics, sandra hanna, somatics