Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-15, 02:14 AM  
yahoo205

Recommendations for Evening PM Bedtime Yoga? Kundalini (or other)

I am really trying to incorporate some more kundalini (or other) yoga in my life. I have a lot of work coming up and am planning on doing insanity max 30 (or Jillian Michaels ) before work and am hoping to do some yoga before bed.

I'm looking for routines of different lengths (15-20 minute, 30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute or more) depending on what I am up to doing that particular day. I don't know what to look for in an evening routine, but I guess I would want something that stretches me out, with some detox detoxification or hormone balancing benefit (to offset work stress) and probably also a relaxation component to get ready for bed.

Thanks!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 08:27 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I don't know anything about the hormone aspect or Kundalini (haven't jived with kundalini yet )but I like these

Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your week - the forward bends, twists, and hip openers - even before bed. I do them more before bed than in the morning.

I also like Adriene's Bedtime Yoga Sequence on youtube - it's about 40 min but starts off breathing then some stretches -nothing strenuous

YZ has some 20 min - stretching for flexibilty 1st program I like after being warmed up with some cardio but have done it on it's own before bed - she holds the poses a long time including a long downdog but starts wtih seated twists and bends then the knee stuff like lunges front and side. I don't like the 2nd program on that one. Sunrise/Sunset - The first half of Sunrise is kinda relaxing IMO but then you start warming up..Sunset is pretty active IMO but I felt nicely stretched.

Yoga Zone Conditioning and Stress Relief is good but longer- probably 40 min to an hour.

Yoga for Every Body - the beginner under 30 min menu has a practice for menstruation that is nice with seated twists and bends. don't even lie down on back until savasana. I do this one when I feel tight in the hips and want to stretch them out. set isn't too exciting IMO but she holds the poses a long time and gives some tips. there's also int/adv but I always seem to pick this one

Barbara Benaugh has some for stress relief but I haven't done them enough to have them as faves or even remember them too well - they're in my lineup though to try again
Old 03-09-15, 08:40 AM  
leigh1673

I don't do kundalini yoga, but my all-time FAVORITE night time yoga routine is Crunch Candlelight Yoga. Very relaxing and serene, but I still get a great stretched-out feeling.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 08:41 AM  
bubbles76

I really liked the Evening Bath segment from Yoga for Urban Living with Hemalayaa Behl. If you skip the headstand (what is THAT about for an evening practice?!?) it really is a very relaxing session. Also agree with Yoga Zone Sunrise/Sunset. Also liked Yoga Zone Yoga for Your Back for evening relaxation. I have no idea about the detox detoxification or hormone balancing benefits. You may want to try Seane Corne's Detox Yoga.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-15, 08:56 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

oooh I forgot about Candlelight Yoga! That's one I've had for a while then pulled out more recently and did again. it has some balance poses like tree as well as the other stuff
Old 03-09-15, 12:42 PM  
Tiny

I found a real gem from Barbara Benagh's Yoga for Stress Relief, it's called Letting Go of Your Day, very relaxing. So relaxing that I have fallen asleep at the very end. It isn't a continuous flow though, that is my only complaint.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evening yoga, forward bends, kundalini, pm yoga, raviana, yoga, yoga for sleep