Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-19, 04:49 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, have you been doing a 90 day system?

Vannie, glad you got another Renfest in for the season. Those always sound like fun. I hope Chianna is doing better with the new dog food and meds. Great idea to get the exercise in before the dog walk.

Sherry, weather dictates my routine as well with getting good walks in with Belle.

We are about to head into a very blustery and wet period. West of us is supposed to get record snowfall for September the next few days and we'll be getting the rain end of it. So glad I got in a walk today. Haven't decided on an evening walk yet.

I had a massage yesterday. First one in quite a while w/the massage therapist I've been trying since mine retired. She's been doing a much better job and I hope to continue with her.

I've been continuing with P.T. independent type exercises and I'm in a definite youtube phase. I keep checking out youtube exercise clips from mostly physios or kinesologists. I've been having a hard time getting back into dvd's but might try a few while the weather is so wet the next few days. Yoga keeps calling me and I should listen.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-19, 04:59 PM  
MathTeacher

Katie, I have been doing Callanetics. Every time I stray, my hip acts up.
Old 09-28-19, 08:53 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Pretty frustrating MT! Did you have an injury?

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-28-19, 09:19 PM  
Miss Scarlett

MbvSorry I've missing been missing action. There has been a lot going in my life. I hope to catch up and join y'all in November. ��❤
Old 09-29-19, 09:07 AM  
Catahoula Cate

We're here whenever you can join us Scarlett! Hugs!!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-29-19, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I finished the 10k trainer finally! Took me since February to finish a 14 week program! 6.09 miles and this time I had I think 7 hills. Considering the hills I was quite happy that I wasn't slower than on my usual flat route!

Hope you're doing well, Scarlett!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 02:41 PM  
MathTeacher

Scarlett, It is great to hear from you! Hugs!
Old 09-30-19, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

This morning I did a 15-minutes tm hill workout and then backwards, 5 minutes at 3% incline then 5 minutes flat. My calves really felt the hill work and walking backwards after was the perfect counter for them. For weights I did SHAPE Firm, Tone & Strengthen vol 3 Total Body Sculpt Plus. There's no dates on the index card but I'm guessing I did it at least once before I started marking on cards. Finished with Namaste Yoga S2E3 Dancing Shiva. This one was tough! I wrote a mini review in the Shrinkwrap check in. Uffda!

Today will be spent in the kitchen slicing apples and baking pies. House should smell yummy and fall-like even though the weather is hot and muggy!

Last day of the month! Unbelievable. Katie, I wondered if you guys would get any of that snow. It's supposed to be 85 here today!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 01:30 PM  
Catahoula Cate

The pies sound so yummy Vannie! I have been baking oatmeal/choc chip cookies and apple crisp the last few days. So far no snow here but west of us is getting hammered! We are on day 3 of rain and supposed to continue for 2 more days. Way to squishy to go for a walk so going to pull out a dvd or two but having trouble deciding. Is it hard to walk backwards on the tm? When I walk outside, I always do a little retro walking. Maybe I'll do some down the hallway since outdoors isn't an option.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 09-30-19, 07:29 PM  
Leonana

Nice to see you Scarlett. Hope to see you in October.

I've been enjoying cooler weather in the mornings, down to the low 60's. It makes walking Chica so much more enjoyable. Highs still in the 90's, but the humidity from the rain is gone, so it's not too bad. It's funny how I'm so used to the hot weather, that I actually got chilled one evening, so I checked and it was 85! I was so sure it was colder, lol.