Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-24, 10:18 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Has anyone bought new fitness equipment?

I’ve been itching to buy new exercise equipment. I already have a pretty extensive home gym, but it’s been ages since I bought anything new. I was looking at Glute Drive machines, which use either bands or plates. I also was looking at the new step machines with the moving stairs. Then today, I received the email about Cathe’s equipment sale.

What have you bought lately or what are you thinking of buying?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 10:42 AM  
Gams

I just bought 4 new pairs of weights. I replaced my 10s and 12s because the old ones were peeling and also got 4s and 6s just for fun.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 11:09 AM  
alisoncooks

Not too long ago, I added 15 and 20 pound dumbbells to my collection.

For Christmas, I (re)purchased a Jumpsport. I had one 2-3 years ago and sold it to make room for my rowing machine. Now I’m just going to have to figure out how to store both, lol.

Gams - I get a LOT of use from my 4 and 6 pound weights!

FitBoop - I’ve been eyeballing those glute drive-type devices, too!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 11:31 AM  
Messe

Not yet, but I’m seriously considering (re)acquiring a rebounder. Looking for one that’s mostly assembled because my aging hands rebel at having to put something together and one that won’t break the bank. Suggestions, links, etc. are most welcome!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 11:46 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Alisoncooks, which glute drive machines are you considering?
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 12:45 PM  
rhbrand

Not in a long time. Last thing, other than a new kettlebell, was probably my Peloton treadmill, which was what, 3 years ago.

I really REALLY wish I could pick up a leg press machine, but I have neither the cash or the space for one.
Old 01-05-24, 12:52 PM  
bubbles76

I bought a new barbell, plates, and Lockjaw clips shortly before STS 2 came out. I also bought an organizer to put all the equipment in, but haven't gotten around to putting it together yet. I want to relocate my workout area to the master bedroom, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 01:05 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I bought a set of fabric resistance loop bands with 3 strengths of the short, wide hip bands and three levels of the longer, narrower loops to use for my physical therapy exercises. I may never get beyond the lowest strength. They see much stronger than my latex bands. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDNW56HY...t_details&th=1

I also got a dog. My step count has tripled. It had dropped after the death of my last dog. I like to walk but find it too easy to skip days or make too many stops. A dog keeps me on track. And it makes her so happy. We do have to go at a pace that allows for plenty of sniffing, which works fine for me.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 01:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

My most recent purchase (just before the Holidays) was a foldable yoga mat that I could put in my suitcase and travel with. I also got a yoga towel with rubber dots on it that could be fitted on the corners of the mat, so surface would be less slippery. Loved the towel. Foldable mat, not so much. As it still seemed too heavy to pack.

No huge equipment investment for 2024. No more space, lol!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 02:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I bought myself “comfort grip” 20 pound dumbbells before Christmas and I am seriously in love with them.

KarenJo, if you mean the fabric Glute Bands, yes, they are definitely tighter than the latex bands, plus they don’t dig in to your legs. I really prefer to use them over the latex ones for anything where I have to put them around my thighs. Congratulations on your new canine family member—what did you name her?

Gams, I didn’t know you could get 4 and 6 pound weights—I’ve seen 2, 3, 5s and 8s. I’ve been using my July Body weight “washers” to add a pound to the 5s and 8s to add a little extra oomph.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment, fitness equipment, fitness gifts, glute drive machines, treadmills