Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 08:39 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m in Atlanta right now waiting for my last flight home. Yay! I’m looking forward to being home but not to shoveling snow or chipping ice today. Departure is in a few minutes so checking out…

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:49 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was the 2nd half of my PT routine and Karen Voight’s Yoga Stretch.

We went boating today, was a nice day for it.

Anita, welcome back to the US. Hope your final flight went smoothly. I also dearly hope you didn’t have to shovel when you got home. Thanks for including us in your adventures – it’s been fun.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 08:02 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m home!!! So happy to be back home - I did have to shovel the heavy slushy snow yesterday, but am getting some help from the sun to melt away the ice on my driveway. I also got some groceries, so should be good for a few days. After two loads of laundry from this trip yesterday, I’ll start with my spring cleanup ritual in the house so washing all the bedding and carpets. Luckily I already changed the clocks for the spring jump before flying off three weeks ago. Yes, there’s snow in my yard and I hope some of my bulbs will survive this cold - I did see some Scilla blooming by my shed where the snow melted away from my shed. So today will be catch-up day with mail and other tasks around the house.

Paula, luckily my flights all went well. I’ve got everything unpacked now and didn’t forget something down in Chile. Glad you had a good boating day!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-28-24, 01:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Glad you made it home safely and had a great time, Anita!

Really not much to report here. I think I picked up a cold bug at the mall and started feeling sick the following Wednesday. I finally felt better yesterday and didn't take a nap and did 3 walks for the first time in almost a week. I ran errands to pick up stuff I was out of or almost out of and boy did that add up! Plus I had to pick up Cyric's heartworm and flea/tick preventatives. Ouch! It's hard to believe I paid double that for so many years with two dogs.

We got snow on Sunday, I think they said about 7", but then it turned to freezing rain and then to just heavy rain, so nearly all the snow is gone. Hubby did shovel once. Hmm..actually, that may have been on Friday, I think we got a couple inches then. The days seriously got all confused for me with both of us sick and him coming home early on Friday. We were supposed to play D&D on Sunday but rescheduled. It's supposed to be mostly highs in the 40s for the next week then they're saying 60s but we'll see.

I had just started a new rotation when I got sick so I'm just going to restart it on Monday. I'd like to run tmrw but we'll see. I'm still coughing some and don't really want to set off a fit. I for sure will jump rope so I don't lose my consecutive week streak! I've spent the last couple mornings trying to catch up on my logs, so I haven't been very active yet.

So excited today is baseball opening day! My Twins don't play till 3:10 so I've got a few things to get done before then. I will have to miss a little to walk Cyric and run an errand with hubby, but hopefully it won't take too long, and at least I can listen while I do those things. GO TWINS!!

Tue 3/19 43 minutes
43 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.65 mi)
Pedometer: 9342 steps, 4.51 mi/Fitbit: 10901 steps, 5.15 mi

Wed 3/20 80 minutes
18 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for SI JOINT PAIN - 20 min Stretches for Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan -Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.75 mi)
Pedometer: 11720 steps, 5.65 mi/Fitbit: 11892 steps, 5.64 mi

Thu 3/21 21 minutes
21 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi) came down with a cold, trying to get more rest
Pedometer: 6264 steps, 3.03 mi/Fitbit: 6832 steps, 3.26 mi

Fri 3/22 26 minutes
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.62 mi) resting
Pedometer: 6366 steps, 3.04 mi/Fitbit: 6035 steps, 2.85 mi

Sat 3/23 20 minutes
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.28 mi) resting
Pedometer: 5262 steps, 2.57 mi/Fitbit: 6569 steps, 3.14 mi

Sun 3/24 0 minutes
still resting with a cold
Pedometer: 2538 steps, 1.29 mi/Fitbit: 2609 steps, 1.23 mi

Mon 3/25 0 minutes
still resting with a cold
Pedometer: 3136 steps, 1.57 mi/Fitbit: 3591 steps, 1.7 mi

Tue 3/26 39 minutes
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S4E4 Blooming Sunset, TV) 1st time
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .65 mi)
Pedometer: 4621 steps, 2.26 mi/Fitbit: 5197 steps, 2.37 mi

Wed 3/27 49 minutes
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.79 mi) finally have some energy again!
Pedometer: 12600 steps, 6.1 mi/Fitbit: 12719 steps, 6.05 mi
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 07:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had two days of clouds and rain. Last night, we had an old fashioned thunderstorm and downpour of rain. The dizziness I felt on Tuesday morning has not reoccurred and I've felt fine. The last two days have been partially lazy and partially productive catching up on smaller tasks - laundry, online ordering, taking DH to an appointment, etc. Polly has taken up a fair amount of time as she has been stuck inside. She's been stalking DH and me when she gets bored.

Paula - It's good you've had social stuff to do. It's nice to see people outside the house sometimes.

Vantreesta - Sorry you were sick. I hope you can hit a better stretch.

Anita - Welcome home! It's good your trip home went okay. Sorry you returned to snow. I hope it goes away quickly.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 09:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was only a neighborhood walk with DH.

DH went to the boat and I was able to get some stuff done around home. I dusted the back bedroom and ran some errands. Not too bad a day.

Anita, welcome home. Sorry you had to shovel already. Glad all your flights went well, you must lead a charmed life. All the flights I’ve done in the past couple years have had issues. Before you launch into spring cleaning you may want to give yourself a day or two to rest.

Vantreesta, glad you’re feeling better. I’ve noticed when I go to public places such as the mall more people are wearing masks again. We’re told our area is experiencing a lot of flu, COVID, and RSV so maybe that’s why people are wearing masks again. I hope in your case it was just an old fashioned cold or flu. Hope you got to watch the TWINS.

Laura, my family didn’t mention all that rain. My sister (the one you met) just had knee replacement surgery and all my family news is about that – she’s doing well. Lazy days are good, I need one.
Old 03-29-24, 07:09 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, then driving to get my little finch back this afternoon. If there’s time I’ll take a walk also. Yesterday was laundry day! I did 6 loads of laundry to do all the components of my bed and rugs in the house! It felt good to sleep in a nice flipped bed! I also picked up a multiport adapter to be able to read some sticks of memory on my computer and put together photos from our trip for sharing with friends. Photos will be a project for this weekend.

Vantreesta, I’m dealing with a cold also - my friends who screened said it was Covid . I wear a mask in public. My strength workouts come back for a new session next week - looking forward to it! Enjoy your TWINS time!

Laura, hope the dizziness is gone for good! Ever feel like a big mouse or bird when Polly is stalking you?

Paula, I have to say all my flights did go well - fully packed, but everything made it through on time. I’m glad I’ve got my seasonal chores pretty much done now. I’m wearing a mask in public these days as I might be a Covid carrier.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-29-24, 08:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today went by quickly. We slept in some because we were up later than usual last night. DH just couldn't get moving toward the bed. We coordinated dinner for Sunday. We were all ready for "something different" and we all agreed that picking up dinner from a restaurant sounded great. We ended up on a Mexican restaurant that is 1/2 mile from our house and we're all going to have enchiladas, a traditional Easter meal! I also worked in the kitchen and cleaned up areas of the house some. I also went out and ran a couple of errands close to the house. These days, I keep losing a lot of time looking at trip ideas. I don't know if I'll be able to go, but I keep going down the rabbit hole of online deals and looking at stuff.

Anita - Good job getting your seasonal stuff done so fast. Do you have any jet lag type symptoms? I'm sorry you are sick and hope you get over it soon. That's no fun coming home to! There are times I am working on the computer and will feel that prickly feeling of being watched. It's more the feeling of being an employee whose boss is expressing dissatisfaction that I haven't done something - let her outside, put out food, opened the door so she could drink from the master bathroom tub, etc.

Paula - I hope your sister does well at rehab and keeps doing well. No one here wears masks. Once in a great while you will see one person somewhere with one on. It's rare though.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 09:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Pahla B Moderate Weights followed by a Sarah Starr yoga stretch.

We spent the day at the boat and it was a lovely day.

Anita, Boy you've been productive and while you're feeling sick too, I'm impressed. I hope it isn't COVID. Hope you got your finch back home and everything is feeling "right" again. Wearing a mask in public is considerate of you.

Laura, sleeping in can be really nice - it rarely happens to us anymore, we're more likely to wake up way early. My sister had her first PT session today - I haven't heard yet how it went. Fingers crossed she did OK. She's using a walker now, not sure how long she's expected to need the walker.
Old 03-30-24, 08:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on putzing around today and going for a walk. I didn’t get my finch yesterday as the keeper wasn’t feeling well. I’ll get my finch back Sunday. Photos will be my project of the day - I’ve got lots to get through on my phone and will share many with friends.

Laura, my time changes aren’t too bad so no jet lag - Chile was three to two hours ahead of us so the time gap wasn’t too bad. They’ll do their time jump in a few weeks and then be one hour ahead. Yes, Polly is keeping a boss eye on you! .

Paula, it just feels like a cold, but my friends have been tested and it’s Covid. I should stop by the store and pick up a Covid screen test…. ETA: My friends gave me a Covid test - I’m positive . Hope your sister has a good recovery from knee replacement - I just used a cane with my knee, but needed it for a week or two.

Waves to all!

Anita