Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-23, 07:14 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

These are the risers Cathe uses for the incline (or similar to it) but as I said, they're not necessary. I have these, but I just end up using regular risers.

https://www.performbetter.com/Extra-...BoCJIQQAvD_BwE
Old 09-15-23, 07:17 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
That's why I mentioned that it's good to consider buying the freestyle step if one is in the market for a full-size step because it's only $3 more but comes with 2 freestyle/universal risers in addition to four (or two) regular risers.

Here's the one that comes with 4 regular risers and 2 universal/freestyle risers:
https://www.amazon.com/Step-Freestyl...dp/B09GXMRJM4/

(Just posting in case anyone else is on the fence about what step to buy.)
I like the padded top on these. Much preferred for weight training.
Old 09-15-23, 08:17 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
I like the padded top on these. Much preferred for weight training.
The top on mine isn't padded but is a bit more comfortable than the old style with ridges on top.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-23, 08:58 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
The top on mine isn't padded but is a bit more comfortable than the old style with ridges on top.
I should have said cushioned (as in the description you linked to). Much more comfortable without the ridges. I don't need a pad when I use that step. I'm glad to have options, although it meant buying yet another piece of equipment.
Old 09-16-23, 05:48 AM  
Negin

Quote:
That's why I mentioned that it's good to consider buying the freestyle step if one is in the market for a full-size step because it's only $3 more but comes with 2 freestyle/universal risers in addition to four (or two) regular risers.

Here's the one that comes with 4 regular risers and 2 universal/freestyle risers:
https://www.amazon.com/Step-Freestyl...dp/B09GXMRJM4/

(Just posting in case anyone else is on the fence about what step to buy.)
This is what I don't understand. The one that I've added to my cart has has six risers also.
Old 09-16-23, 11:48 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
This is what I don't understand. The one that I've added to my cart has has six risers also.
They both have 6 risers but the one you are buying has 6 of the original risers whereas the one I linked to has 4 original risers and 2 freestyle/universal risers. The freestyle risers are interchangeable with the original risers (fit exactly the same) but have the added bonus of being able to make a fairly stable vertical incline bench out of your step if desired because of how they are molded.

You can create a semi-stable incline with the original risers but it's definitely not as stable as with the freestyle risers as the top layer IMO. And the freestyle risers are totally interchangeable (size, shape) with the original risers as I mentioned for adding step height, etc.

I'll attach some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	freestyleriser.png
Views:	38
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	4887   Click image for larger version

Name:	freestylestep3.png
Views:	47
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	4888  
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-23, 04:17 AM  
Negin

Thank you so much!
Old 09-17-23, 01:59 PM  
katmom

My step only has 4 risers per side and knew that would be too much of a drop especially when doing incline movements. I used my weight bench and used the step risers to “raise” the barbell off the floor which made it easier on my back and knees. I used Firm Fanny Lifter for any leg exercises requiring elevation.

Tags
cathe sts 2.0, freestyle step, risers, step, step co. step, weight bench