Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-19, 10:30 AM  
Sara1000

Ab workout with least dread?

Help! I need to do an ab workout today but don't want to! And I'm talking about floor abs - standing abs just don't do it for me. Can you help me?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 10:36 AM  
wlorrie

How about the ab work form Kelly Coffey Meyer's Circuit Burn? It is only 7 minutes, no dread, and I like the music.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 11:03 AM  
Tugger31

I like abs from Cathe's Step Jump & Pump
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 12:05 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I like abs from Cathe's Step Jump & Pump
I'll see if I still have that. I don't have any KCM but thanks for the suggestion
Old 01-22-19, 12:05 PM  
SpiritYogi

How about one of the workouts on Cathe's Ab Circuits, or the second half of Paul Katami's Ab Lab?
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 12:12 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

How about Cassie (Blogilates) on youtube? She has countless pilates ab workouts that are only maybe 5-10 minutes long. They have fun music, and they are tough!
Old 01-22-19, 02:27 PM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
How about Cassie (Blogilates) on youtube? She has countless pilates ab workouts that are only maybe 5-10 minutes long. They have fun music, and they are tough!
With all due respect, what Cassie Ho does is *not* Pilates. I've looked at some of her videos - most of the exercises are made up by her, and on the ones that do resemble Pilates, her form is atrocious.

As to the OP's question, real (i.e. classical) Pilates is one of the best ways to strengthen the core. Pilatesology is hands-down the best online source for Pilates; there is a 10-class "beginner progression" series by Alisa Wyatt that's great to start with. If you don't want to use streaming, I recommend starting with the Element Pilates DVD by Brooke Siler or Ana Caban's Beginner Mat Workout DVD. Don't be put off by the word "beginner", everyone new to Pilates needs to start at that level because learning the proper form is absolutely essential.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 02:33 PM  
LizEMA

One of my most used ab WOs/add ons is Cathe's Cross Train Xpress All Abs. There are 4 different segments on there (some of which are also on her Ab Hits), all between 9-10 mins. The first 2 segments are all crunch-based, and the last two segments incorporate some plank work. I always tack ab work on to the end of a WO, from which I'm already pretty tired, so I love ab work that let's me lie down and work out.

(The "bonus Abs" from Cathe's series are all pretty much my go to's for core work.)
Old 01-22-19, 03:49 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Gilad can always make me do abs. Only Gilad.

He is the king of abs.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 07:45 PM  
Sara1000

I ended up doing a blogalates workout because it was only 3 minutes. She was screaming in agony like it burned so bad but I didn't really feel it.

I used to have a VHS with some guy doing a series of 5 minute ab routines - wish I still had that one. I generally don't care much for Pilates. I used to have that Ana Caban workout but I thought she exaggerated how much doing that workout would benefit me.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone! I'm sure I have some of the workouts mentioned - just need to dig through my shoe boxes of DVDs

Tags
abs, core