Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-19, 12:45 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Nice finds and prices. Dvds at Goodwill are $3.99, at Savers they're $3.49 last I checked.

found and bought today:
both sealed: Pure Barre Pure Results Seat, PBPR Abs - these weren't on my radar, but I did a quick search and found them for high prices so I thought I'd buy them cheap while I had the chance

left behind:
P57 Express 30 Minute
Cathe Basic Step + Cardio & Weights
Tracie Long Defining Shape
Stephanie Huckabee Powerfit Plus
KCM 30 MTF Cardio Blast
Callanetics (original)
Pop Physique Original Butt
plenty of Billy Blanks Bootcamp
several Winsor Pilates
Wow I would have scooped up KCM dvd!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 10:05 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the friends of our local public library had a semi-annual book sale, and i picked these DVDs up:

Jill Miller:
Yoga Tune-Up At Home Program Level 2, Month 2, sealed, for $2
*Yoga Tune-Up QuickFix Rx, sealed, for $2
Therapy Ball Program On Demand Pain Relief, $2

Tracey Mallett:
Crunchless Abs 1, 2 & 3, sealed, $2

Moira Stott Merithew:
Sculpt & Tone band workout, $2

Patricia Walden Beginners II Yoga, $2

*i have the CD version of this series that came with the bonus Bliss CD; i also have her QuickFix UB and LB DVDs

there were several other interesting DVDs for sale that i don't normally see - Kathy Smith Great Buns & Thighs DVD for $2, Baron Baptiste Core POwer Live Vinyasa for $3.

i have Kathy's GB&T dvd already.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 09:05 AM  
bubbles76

I always marvel at folks who find such finds at their local thrift stores! I went yesterday and scooped up some empty dvd cases. Brand new. They had a few dvds, but most were scuffed up pretty bad.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 09:23 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I always marvel at folks who find such finds at their local thrift stores! I went yesterday and scooped up some empty dvd cases. Brand new. They had a few dvds, but most were scuffed up pretty bad.
That's part of the fun of thrifting- it's hit or miss. I haven't found any good fitness deals lately, but I did get a pair of brand new Kut from the Kloth jeans for $3 last week that fit perfectly!
Old 01-20-19, 09:26 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
the friends of our local public library had a semi-annual book sale, and i picked these DVDs up:

Jill Miller:
Yoga Tune-Up At Home Program Level 2, Month 2, sealed, for $2
*Yoga Tune-Up QuickFix Rx, sealed, for $2
Therapy Ball Program On Demand Pain Relief, $2

Tracey Mallett:
Crunchless Abs 1, 2 & 3, sealed, $2

Moira Stott Merithew:
Sculpt & Tone band workout, $2

Patricia Walden Beginners II Yoga, $2

*i have the CD version of this series that came with the bonus Bliss CD; i also have her QuickFix UB and LB DVDs

there were several other interesting DVDs for sale that i don't normally see - Kathy Smith Great Buns & Thighs DVD for $2, Baron Baptiste Core POwer Live Vinyasa for $3.

i have Kathy's GB&T dvd already.
Wow, the Jill Miller dvds are great finds!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 09:27 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
As you know, the thrift stores near me stink for dvds. My son has started going to them and I asked him if they still have dvds, but I don't want him to bother texting me a list of what they have as far as fitness dvds. I have better luck at the Princeton Record Exchange.

Old 01-20-19, 12:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wow, the Jill Miller dvds are great finds!
thanks - i was really surprised myself. they also had Jill's Coregeous, but i already own that. the ones i ended up taking home are also rarely seen on ebay or amazon and if sold there, very pricey. i've seen the Yoga Tune Up UB and LB maybe twice at a thrift store, but the one that is "combined" into 1 case is sold with her balls, so finding that was awesome. when i first got into Jill, i bought the Yoga Tune Up CD set from a craigslist seller, and that CD has been discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have better luck at the Princeton Record Exchange.
is that a store or an event? sounds really cool.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-20-19, 12:22 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
thanks - i was really surprised myself. they also had Jill's Coregeous, but i already own that. the ones i ended up taking home are also rarely seen on ebay or amazon and if sold there, very pricey. i've seen the Yoga Tune Up UB and LB maybe twice at a thrift store, but the one that is "combined" into 1 case is sold with her balls, so finding that was awesome. when i first got into Jill, i bought the Yoga Tune Up CD set from a craigslist seller, and that CD has been discontinued.

is that a store or an event? sounds really cool.

It is a store near us:

http://www.prex.com/phone/

Over the years I have found Cathe dvds for $5.00, and tons of yoga and some dance dvds for a dollar each. I found CIZE sealed for $3.00. I found two of the same Mark Blanchard dvd sets for $10.00. They were $80.00 retail! I gave one two a vf friend and sold the other on Amazon. There can be months of finding nothing, though.

My dh and son are there all the time for vinyl and cds. They also have thousands of used movies, concert dvds, and tv series dvds, including British series. It is a great store. A friend of ours works there. He goes through and prices the collections that are brought in, so we get a heads up on concert tour programs and memorabilia. He has come across amazing things, like Beatles ticket stubs tucked inside books and records. The last cool item was a Monkees thermos.

Old 01-20-19, 12:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you mentioned monkees - my brother lives in seattle and he sent me a pack of newsletters that their fan club used to send out. that was really interesting to see. he found it at a used book store.

Old 01-20-19, 12:38 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
you mentioned monkees - my brother lives in seattle and he sent me a pack of newsletters that their fan club used to send out. that was really interesting to see. he found it at a used book store.
That is neat! Do you mean from their original fan club? There was a fanzine that was published for years in the late 1970s through the 1980s. I'm not sure when it stopped. The woman who published it actually lives near us-small world!

Sherry

Tags
firm 6 pack, indo board, thrift store finds, vytas baskauskas, winsor slimming pilates