Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-14, 07:11 AM  
sherry7899

Biggest Loser Finale tonight

I have kind of lost interest in the show. I didn't watch it consistently this season. I think I am just burned out on it. I will probably watch parts of the finale, but I don't have patience to sit through two hours.

Is anyone else still watching the show?

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 08:11 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'll be watching. I think shortening the show to one hour hurt them. We didn't get a chance to get to know the contestants. They probably listened to a lot of viewers who aways thought it was too long. However, I always love the finale and can't wait to see the transformations.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 08:30 AM  
workoutjunkie

I've lost interest in the show over the years, especially the past few seasons. But this season dh & I have watched pretty regularly. I actually think the 1 hr format made it more watchable for us. 2 hrs would drag on, but actually 1 hr often seemed too short. I think 1 1/2 hrs would be ideal, lol.

Anyway, I won't watch it tonight, don't want to stay up until 11 since we get up so early. But I'll definitely be DVRing it to watch later this week.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 09:01 AM  
sherry7899

I also wish it were 90 minutes. I think that would be the right length.

I do love seeing the transformations. I feel like I hardly know anything about most of the contestants this season. I honestly am not rooting for any particular person...well, maybe Rachel. I'll be happy for whomever wins. There wasn't any game playing this season, which was nice.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 09:31 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I also wish it were 90 minutes. I think that would be the right length.

I do love seeing the transformations. I feel like I hardly know anything about most of the contestants this season. I honestly am not rooting for any particular person...well, maybe Rachel. I'll be happy for whomever wins. There wasn't any game playing this season, which was nice.

Sherry
Forgot to say I love the transformations too! I also like less game play which imo can lead to nastiness. I'm not sure how it was done in the past few seasons, but I like that in the first part of this season, whoever fell below the line was out. Period. I think it was towards the second half that they had to vote out one of the two that fell below, and it was done right away, they didn't go back to their rooms and strategize.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 11:12 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I like watching the finales because of the transformations too. But I'll also be DVRing so that I can skip commercials. I'm rooting for Rachel but I'm o.k. with anybody winning. It seems like everyone was close this season and there wasn't any game playing.
Old 02-04-14, 12:15 PM  
trevs_mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
But I'll also be DVRing so that I can skip commercials. .
Yes! I start it 40 mins into the show, and can skip all the commercials in the 2 hours. Love that.

I just started watching last season, so I"m not burned out at all

Quote:
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
trevs_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 12:16 PM  
tiletha444

I'll be DVRing! I always love to see the transformations!

I've watched this season and I also agree that 1 hour was not enough to get to know the contestants. I'm glad the game playing was voided this season by incorporating the red line often.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 12:22 PM  
Fitstick

I love to watch the transformations as well so I plan to watch. I like the fact that this season the contestants seemed much more supportive of each other.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 01:11 PM  
CHAPLYN61

I have watch it here an there. I remember wanting the guy who lost his wife to cancer and is raising 2 girls to succeed. Is he still in it?
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tbl, the biggest loser