Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-13, 11:14 AM  
workoutjunkie

Questions about Zuzka...

I guess I've been out of the loop. Haven't really heard of her. But in another thread (the one about our 5 least favorite moves), someone posted a link to show her maneater move. I clicked on the link and thought "wow, I wish my arms were that defined" so now I'm wondering about her workouts.

Are they they heavy or light weights? Low or high reps? Are they puke in a bucket type workouts? How is the production quality (I am spoiled by Cathe). What else can you tell me about her workouts (what are they similar too) and why you did or didn't like them?

Also, anyone know what I can work on to get my shoulders cut like hers? Heavy weights? High reps? I can get some definition in my bis and tris, but my shoulders just don't seem to respond the same way. Yet my shoulders are already wide so I don't want to add a lot of muscle.

Thanks for any input!
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 11:26 AM  
mrsyancy

Ok....in a nut shell!!!!

She mostly does body weight stuff and when she uses weights , IMO she uses semi-heavy weights...........and the reason I say that is because most of her stuff is total body work(so a lot of times its too hard to go too heavy) but when she can she does use heavy weight(like when she does kettle bell swings)

But based on what she says(and I don't know if she does more).....but she only does these 10-20 minutes (occasionally longer) and eats pretty clean or well or however u wanna word it

HTH

ETA: her workouts are tough but only 10-20 minutes, so I don't think they're puke in a bucket, but they are pretty tough
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 11:28 AM  
deineira

She has a Youtube channel and you can see her workouts there to get a sense of them, http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrd4Hfglr4EczsLXKdGvCLA. They are mostly athletic type drill workouts, so if you like that style, you might like her workouts a lot. They are effective.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 11:32 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
Ok....in a nut shell!!!!

She mostly does body weight stuff and when she uses weights , IMO she uses semi-heavy weights...........and the reason I say that is because most of her stuff is total body work(so a lot of times its too hard to go too heavy) but when she can she does use heavy weight(like when she does kettle bell swings)

But based on what she says(and I don't know if she does more).....but she only does these 10-20 minutes (occasionally longer) and eats pretty clean or well or however u wanna word it

HTH

ETA: her workouts are tough but only 10-20 minutes, so I don't think they're puke in a bucket, but they are pretty tough
Thank you for the response! Sounds like her workouts might be something I'd be interested in, so I guess I'm going to have to do more research. I'm on my lunch hour and didn't have a lot of time to search posts, etc., but now I know I'm going to have to, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
She has a Youtube channel and you can see her workouts there to get a sense of them, http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrd4Hfglr4EczsLXKdGvCLA. They are mostly athletic type drill workouts, so if you like that style, you might like her workouts a lot. They are effective.
Thanks so much!
Old 06-14-13, 11:44 AM  
mle777

She has a couple of dvds out and they are no where close to the production quality of Cathe, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...uz%2Caps%2C352

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 12:14 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
She has a couple of dvds out and they are no where close to the production quality of Cathe, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...uz%2Caps%2C352
Wow! That's pretty darn cheap!! Definitely cheap enough to give it a try without investing a lot. Thanks for the link!
Old 06-14-13, 01:13 PM  
m42

She also has 70 zwows on youtube for free if you want to try a few. Before I got the dvds I would stream them through my appletv.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 01:24 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
She also has 70 zwows on youtube for free if you want to try a few. Before I got the dvds I would stream them through my appletv.
Oh neat! So, you got the dvds? Or are you saying if you were to get them you'd stream those workouts first?
Old 06-14-13, 01:27 PM  
m42

I have all of the dvds, even the yoga one. And I love them. I've used the streaming workouts but I prefer dvds. Don't have to worry about buffering etc.
Old 06-14-13, 01:28 PM  
m42

She has been streaming workouts for free for a few years. Just this month she switched to a paid membership; zgym. I might join, but right now I want to spend the 90 days with cardio and strength dvds.

Tags
zuzana, zuzka light, zwow