Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-07, 11:30 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I did the 30 minute Power Squeeze a couple of days ago, and liked that it had a few different exercises, and the variations on the glute work. I did miss the upper body burn, though, as it just had push ups and tri dips.
I did Cathe's PUB afterwards, skipping her abs since I did Traceys.

Those leg exercises are getting easier, but still not easy for me. I wish the iballets were available on CDs, because I have dial up, and can't downoad anything

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 12:44 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I did the full-body squeeze today and really liked it a lot. I'm having some wrist issues these days so the pushups were harder than usual for me and I couldn't do them all. But I loved the rest of the upper body workout (will have to get 2-lb. weights since 3 lbs. was too much and 1 lb. didn't seem like enough), the ab work and all the leg work. I'm definitely glad I got this. Thanks for enabling - Lexy and everyone else!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 03:00 PM  
Lorianne

oh good, if Karen likes it, I'm sure to!
I ordered it this morning & a few hours later, I received an email she is shipping it out today! Wow, you all are right, awesome customer service.
same from me too, thank you enablers
really looking forward to it's arrival.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 03:57 PM  
Gardengirl

I'm looking for some alternative SS lower body work and you girls are making this hard to resist.
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 07:50 PM  
Missiscipi

I was just about to order Bar Method - seriously I was going to order it from Amazon this weekend. I see this thread and im feeling conflicted. What do you guys think? Bar Method or Squeeze?

BTW Shelley - my son's bday is April 27th too
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 07:59 PM  
Tish

Bar Method is good. She gives very detailed instruction. After one or two uses the instruction is way too lengthy. I prefer Squeeze. It's more challenging, I like the production values, and the workout flows well. Squeeze is more expensive but you get a lot on the dvd.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 08:03 PM  
Missiscipi

Thanks Tish! I am going to order this! I just got two IBallets earlier today and tried IBallet 11. First time ive ever done a workout like that and I really really liked it. I normally do Cathe's step, KPC, Taebo, Jari Love and this is something new to me. I need something a little less high impact for a while to heal my feet up a bit and this may fit the bill for me
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 08:39 PM  
gtmrfc

I just revisited Chicometrics tonight. Is the lower body work similar to that?
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 09:04 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish
Bar Method is good. She gives very detailed instruction. After one or two uses the instruction is way too lengthy. I prefer Squeeze. It's more challenging, I like the production values, and the workout flows well. Squeeze is more expensive but you get a lot on the dvd.
I'm going to order Squeeze tomorrow. I liked some aspects of Bar Method, but I got tired of all the lengthy set-up time and instruction. Finally I think I've found the workout I always wanted and didn't think was out there - balanced, tough, good production values, and she keeps things going. It's worth the extra money.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 09:25 PM  
Tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmrfc
I just revisited Chicometrics tonight. Is the lower body work similar to that?
Yes, some of it is similar to Chicometrics, but without all the reps. She does have some different twists on the moves. I also found the floorwork similar to Winsor Bun & Thigh.

Quote:
Finally I think I've found the workout I always wanted
I hope you will like it, but I'm always reluctant to say, "you'll love it" simply because what I like might be totally wrong for others. If you find it doesn't work for you it'll go fast on the swap.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
squeeze, tracy effinger